Home
I have not mastered the "How to post pictures" so if someone could lend a hand I would be happy to share.

Regards,
Steve
EQFD193's buck

Congrats on a good one Steve!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Thanks for your help Dan, much appreciated !!!
What a Great Buck! Congrads!
Very, Very nice buck
Wow, Fantastic animal! Is that a LI bow buck, or northern tier monster?
We think he might be a 5 year old... Big bodied Long Island buck. We had a heck of a time getting him to the truck. I'm guessing over 200 lbs, the butcher promised he would weigh him before cutting him up.
Way to go, very nice. What did you use?
I shoot the Hoyt Defiant with a 2.5" Rage which is like throwing an axe at a buck.
Congrats, nice buck!
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
EQFD193's buck

Congrats on a good one Steve!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Nice one, that is a wall hanger, no doubt.
Originally Posted by EQFD193
I shoot the Hoyt Defiant with a 2.5" Rage which is like throwing an axe at a buck.

That's a good way to put it. I shoot a Rage 2 and it's incredible the amount of damage inflicted. Congratulations.
Did you score it yet?
score is just a number that bucks a beauty
Congratulations!!
No score yet like Dan mentioned it's just a number, but he is an all around beautiful buck and I'm honored to have had the opportunity.
Beautiful buck! Congrats!
👍🏼
Beautiful deer. Can you explain what a Long Island buck is? When this redneck thinks of Long Island, he doesn't think of deer hunting.
That is a beautiful buck!

Congratulations. I'm betting the smile still hasn't worn off. I know mine wouldn't if that one was mine! grin

Ed
Wow he’s a beauty!
Damn nice buck!!! Congrats.
Long Island is largely wooded and has great whitetail hunting!
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Long Island is largely wooded and has great whitetail hunting!

I would have never known. That's awesome!
PB, Long Island is over a 100 miles long and the eastern part of the island is woods, farmland, pastures, orchards, vineyards, etc. When working Sandy, I lived on the eastern end of the island and saw lots of deer. NYC is on the western tip of the island.

That's a really nice buck.
Dan and Oldman03 are spot on much to peoples surprise. We have a ton of agriculture (there is a 125 plus acre working farm 1/2 mile from my home...Potatoes, corn, cauliflower, tomatoes etc.) North and south forks. Growing up out here we shotgun hunting for pheasants, rabbits, quail and woodcock and usually got our limit...That has changed over the years since a lot of the land has been developed to accommodate the wealthy coming out from Manhattan....But I can tell you this there are no shortages of places to bow hunt if you know the right people or where to go to access public land. Also the salt water fishing can be really good.
WOW!
That looks like a deer from Iowa smile I think that was the buck I had on my hit list, he must've decided to go on a quick, pre-rut vacation to Long Island. Congrats on the amazing buck!
Thanks Guys, I just got a call from the butcher....192 lbs dressed !....on my estimate I would guess approx 240 on the hoof.
Yup thats a hog of a deer!
Beauty. Is that animal from the north fork?

-Ken
South fork /east end...I never tried to get spots on the North fork but I know it would be productive.
Originally Posted by EQFD193
South fork /east end...I never tried to get spots on the North fork but I know it would be productive.

Yes. Don't hunt the island but have seen some brutes taken on that north side.

-Ken
Well done, sir. Congrats.
Thanks Kellory !
congrats on a heck of a trophy! and to take him with a bow is even greater.
Thanks 1911a1
I'm on the North Shore.Here's one of my pal's. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/55676.jpg[/img]
Great buck EQFD193 !

I'm on the North Fork. I haven't deer hunted here in years though
VinceM, I would make the effort to get a spot on the North Fork...It could be a home run !
Nice one!! What kind of mount you going to do?? Spence
What a great buck, such a classic rack! Whodathunk LI!

Congrats.
WOW ! Great buck ! Congrats!
Would love to hunt up a whitetail like that once before I die! Great looking deer.
Thanks guys!...I'm thinking he should be presented straight up and proud the way I first got a glimpse of him weeks ago.
Fantastic,
any other details? distance,recovery and such,,,
that thing is a stud.
Great buck, congrats!
Congrats
Wow! That's a nice buck! Congratulations!
Thanks bamagun1
That’s a GREAT buck, congratulations.
Thanks USMC2602 !
Good looking buck man!!! Big swollen neck, he's a beauty.
Good buck EQ. This boy has been hanging out in my yard waiting for my Doe's to come in. [Linked Image]
Nice antler symmetry on a big swollen neck whitetail buck!! Congratulations! That is a excellent deer.
That's one to be proud of.
Funny thing is he was not all hocked like he was in the rut when I got him, so maybe that was his natural size....192 dressed and we're guessing about 5 years old. We had a heck of a time dragging him out to the truck through briers and blow downs.
That's a good looking buck Steve!
Thanks Kinston, put my Buddy from the Middletown area in one of my spots end of last week and he took a really wide mature buck...Maybe Dan will post a pic for you guys to see.It's been a very good season so far. I've seen multiple shooters to date and the rut is on and off right now.
© 24hourcampfire