Home
Posted By: KSMITH Cold bag for trout - 05/24/23
Anyone aware of any cold bag you can put ice and fish in that can be hooked to a pack or put inside a pack? Don't expect any fish to go in there over 10 inches. Has to be something better than a zip lock bag with ice.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/25/23
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Anyone aware of any cold bag you can put ice and fish in that can be hooked to a pack or put inside a pack? Don't expect any fish to go in there over 10 inches. Has to be something better than a zip lock bag with ice.

There is something. [bleep] if I remember what it is but my hiking buddy was telling me about it last year. Something like a soft-sided cooler and chemical packs that chill when broken, sort of a reverse chemical hand warmer, maybe?
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/25/23
The smallest fish kill bag I have seen is 18x20 made by Buffalo Gear.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/25/23
Why do they call it a kill bag? I just want it to keep trout cool til I get back to a fridge?.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/25/23
Maybe this will work

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: KSMITH Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/25/23
Originally Posted by MickinColo
Maybe this will work

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That will work. Ordered it. Thank you sir.
Posted By: bobmn Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/27/23
Get some reflectix insulation (bubble wrap covered with aluminum foil) and some aluminum tape from Home Depot. Make it to size to fit in or on your pack. Use velcro on the top flap to close it. You can also buy the insulated shopping bags
at the grocery store if the the size is what you need.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Cold bag for trout - 05/29/23
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Why do they call it a kill bag? I just want it to keep trout cool til I get back to a fridge?.
Heck if I know. I guess because its for fish your killing.
© 24hourcampfire