Home
Posted By: Bootsfishing Something new .... - 02/06/10
at least to me. Looks like old school to me though ...

http://www.tenkarausa.com/
Posted By: 175rltw Re: Something new .... - 02/07/10
I suppose if I couldn't cast I'd want to spend a lot of money on a telescoping crappie rod to dap with. or not.
Posted By: Sightfisher Re: Something new .... - 02/08/10
I'm a touch skeptical about a telescoping fly rod of 10' or more... I don't see the benefit of going without a reel. For most pocket water or small stream trout fishing, the reel is little more than a line holder.

As far as how they describe their casting style, it looks pretty much like a regular single-haul cast to me. I can hold the line tight in my hand and pick up and cast over 50' or so...that's pretty easy to do, I imagine that most decent casters could do it too.
Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: Something new .... - 02/08/10
Yep ... I'll stick w/ my 7 - 3 4wt Wright & McGill for the small stream stuff.
Posted By: 175rltw Re: Something new .... - 02/08/10
here is an option if you ever get tired of swatting flies with a stick.

These are pretty freaking sweet too.

How about some pics of that wright and mcgill at work? I've probably fished some of your water what's your local hotspot?
Here's a few ...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Not really so much local but I really enjoy the Nantahala waters and the Pisgah woods north of Brevard as well grave yard fields.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Something new .... - 02/09/10
Nothing innovative there.
Posted By: 175rltw Re: Something new .... - 02/09/10
Nice. I used to fish the Davidson alot. I was just down in NC and N GA on vacation and fished the DH of the Nantahala with my old man as well as Deep Creek over by Bryson City and spent a day floating the Toccoa as well.
Its all about getting the youngerns out there!
© 24hourcampfire