Home
Posted By: Bootsfishing Johnny's two flies... - 07/13/14
he tied tonight (my 9yo),

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Johnny's two flies... - 07/13/14
The funny thing is that I still have all the stuff I started out with fly tying when I was that age, I have to go back to 1964. I started out keeping it all in a shoe box, that didn't last, for long, now I have a Closet and Plastic Shoe boxes stacked to the ceiling. Your boy will do ok, I should think, wait till he finds out that there is Chicken necks and then there is Whiting! Well at least he is not spending the bulk if his day in front of a computer screen. Its summer and there are a lot of pan fish yet to catch! And eat!
Posted By: a12 Re: Johnny's two flies... - 07/13/14
That's a great hobby, Boot.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Johnny's two flies... - 07/14/14
Those outta do the trick.
Been tying since 1974, never looked back. I still have a few items from my first forays into the tying world. My dad still has some of my first flies in his box too. Even though I love to hunt and shoot, anytime I need to just "chill out" from the world, I find myself at my tying desk.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Johnny's two flies... - 07/14/14
Great job there! When trying to get my youngster started, it was only the biggest and brightest materials that went to hook. Vegas Showgirl was a fitting name for any of his creations. He was most definitely not a hatch matcher.
Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: Johnny's two flies... - 07/15/14
couple more....

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: waterrat Re: Johnny's two flies... - 07/20/14
His flies would catch the heck of our trout up here!
Looks like nice work to me. You better go get them wet..
© 24hourcampfire