Home
Posted By: Bootsfishing Brazil... - 12/08/14
Got a buddy that's heading down to un fished waters in Brazil, Dec. 27th, to fly fish some peacock bass. Very remote...last leg of trip is 8 hours of canoe and paddles. Does anyone know what I could tie up�for him to take and get a try?
Posted By: sierrabravo45 Re: Brazil... - 12/14/14
Crushed them on stuff like the fly pictured below. Don't skimp on hooks. Use Gami's or Daichii X Points if you can find them. Its the X452 in 4/0 that works best. 2-4 inch streamers that are mostly deer hair with eyes worked best for me. Think BIG Mickey Fins etc. Forget the tinsel on the body though, and just do an epoxy head with eyes, and some flash. Peacocks really don't care about all the extras, they want the meat and potatoes. I really like Yellow Deer Tail with a strip of black over it. Clark's Rats worked well.

[Linked Image]

Tell him to stick with 30 or 40lb Maxima. I was fishing 25 CoPolymer and got snapped a few times. Maxima is the way to go. I liked 5 foot Sink Tips in varying weights. If he has some questions, I will be back in the states in a couple of days, and will have a US number again. I took down a 7,8,9 and 10 weight. Fished the 9 and 10 the most.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Brazil... - 12/30/14
Wow that looks like a trip of a lifetime.....
© 24hourcampfire