Home
It seems this winter the north to south flow is harder and colder with more snow in the Eastern Rockys. Here in Washington we've gotten mostly tropical weather from the south with no snow in the mountains. Our spring fishing might be early this year, skwala and terrestials. Any thoughts on ice out on your rivers and spring fishing? Trying to plan a trip.
Carp
Depends on the river. You will be nymphing. We usually fish a San Juan Worm or an egg up top with a size 20-22 black RS2 or something similar off the back on the tailwaters around here.
I help TU do some stocking here in Maryland and normally we start this week. Alas, liquid water is nonexistent even in the today rivers.

Pretty much ready for winter to be over.
I thought we'd get some early spring trout action. Then the storms came in, and everything is getting frozen again, tailwaters way cold. Sow bugs awaiting the weather to change.
Thanks, People in Livingston are saying it might be normal for ice out, this was yesterday, you're probably higher and colder in your location. carp
Tried posting to KSCB and Pugs yesterday but service did not allow. So, thanks for the comeback, I've fished the upper sections of the Gunnison early prior to run off, but thought this year might be different, some people in Livingston think it might be normal for thaw out but no one would be out during the heavy run off.
© 24hourcampfire