Home
Posted By: gonewest waders - 07/21/16
I am looking at buying new waders and just wondering if anyone has tried the orvis silver sonic guide waders? I can get the simms g3 for about the same price but the orvis size is my exact measurements. The simms are 3-4 in longer than I need. What do you know about the orvis guide silversonic
Posted By: 1minute Re: waders - 07/21/16
That is an area I simply can not afford to do comparisons in. Fit, however, certainly enhances longevity.

Once did some custom Simms made to my dimensions and got about 10 years out of them. Did wear out and replace two sets of feet.
Posted By: eamyrick Re: waders - 07/22/16
I have simms with custom size 14. Can't beat either companies customer service but the Simms are higher quality and made in the USA. I would look for last years model on sale. Think I paid $299 for my guide waders.
Posted By: LostHighway Re: waders - 07/22/16
My next pair will be not waders but "Pants", likely Simms. They are much cooler and nature calls are less of an issue.
Posted By: ribka Re: waders - 07/22/16
Originally Posted by eamyrick
I have simms with custom size 14. Can't beat either companies customer service but the Simms are higher quality and made in the USA. I would look for last years model on sale. Think I paid $299 for my guide waders.

ive had both and i think the simms are better.

the orvis quality the past 25 years is really lacking imo

or try patagonia
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: waders - 07/22/16
Patagonia is a joke in my experience...

Just started wearing a new G3 I bought several years ago when my old Simms were about to die... or should have been. They lasted for hundreds of days past my expectations...

Orvis measurements in my direct experience are nothing like the actual wader...
Posted By: gonewest Re: waders - 07/23/16
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Patagonia is a joke in my experience...

Just started wearing a new G3 I bought several years ago when my old Simms were about to die... or should have been. They lasted for hundreds of days past my expectations...

Orvis measurements in my direct experience are nothing like the actual wader...
I hope the sizes are right. I bought the orvis guide waders. Now you got me nervous.....
© 24hourcampfire