Home
Posted By: Frm prescription sunglasses - 01/25/17
Any suggestions on a real, quality polarized sunglasses for stream and inshore fishing? In my case, I need prescription glasses. Thanks
Posted By: Ward Re: prescription sunglasses - 01/25/17
I've been happier with Costco drivers than any sunglasses since Serengetti. They are somewhat photo sensitive and I had the reading portion of the progressive lense moved to the bottom to give a bigger distance part. They're fine for fishing, shooting and driving but you tend to forget they're sunglasses and wear them too long as the sun sets.
Posted By: 1minute Re: prescription sunglasses - 01/25/17
Can't suggest one maker over another, but in two instances where I got prescription sunglasses the polarization axes were not similarly aligned. Each eye was differently affected. I.e. glare that showed in one eye was not present in the other.

Returned to the source and discussions with the tech person were met with a blank stare. Finally got to the man, and a simple glance revealed the issue and they were reworked.
Posted By: Razz Re: prescription sunglasses - 01/25/17
My son deals with Smith Optics and wears prescription lenses, they set him up and he loves them. I wear readers, old man eyes, and he got me a pair of bifocal style, 2x and uncorrected in the upper areas. We both have been very happy.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: prescription sunglasses - 01/28/17
Smith Optics been using them for 20+ years. They have a lot of choices in frames and lens combinations.

LINK
© 24hourcampfire