Home
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/why-is-there-a-primer-supply-shortage/?__s=8c8jmxi69dpmkr0kh7mk
So how hard would it be to build another primer manufacturing facility? Three simple pieces that should not be that hard to create.
Originally Posted by rickt300
So how hard would it be to build another primer manufacturing facility? Three simple pieces that should not be that hard to create.

They could probably throw one of those up overnight.
Well, DUH...........................

MM
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

In the US of A, the permits required could take a little while.......................just sayin'

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

In the US of A, the permits required could take a little while.......................just sayin'

MM

Exactly where I was coming from.
That and when this is over they will excess capacity they can't use.Not worth the investment.
And when the panic shortages are over they are left with excess manufacturing capability continuing to rack up fixed costs, plus inventory they can't sell.

After the Obama II shortage primer prices stabilized somewhere around the low $30 range, say $30-34 per brick depending on brand and locale. Just before this shortage, primer prices were being reduced to levels I hadn't seen since the early 2000's, bricks of CCI and Federal rifle and pistol primers for $23 at the local SW. I literally couldn't give away Federal Large Pistol primers for $25 at a gun show in March of this year, I had eight bricks on my table and didn't sell even one.

Great minds and all that... wink

It would be very hard when the hoarding is (inevitably) over. Just like it has come to an end several times since the 90's. Manufacturers have learned that lesson already.

Also, this time around there is a supply chain issue with the Wuhan Virus slowing down all kinds of production. There are spot shortages in building materials, for example.
Well it also mentioned the solution is to think for the long run, and to be prepared...

buy then when they are available....

that is what I have been doing since 2016.... so I am in fine shape..

and that is what I was doing before 2007, which made me throw 8 years of Obama...

and I've got enough to make it thru 6 months of Biden and 7 1/2 years of KalamamaDingDong Harris....

but I doubt I'll personally make it thru the next 8 years on my life...
Never wait to you actually need reloading components before you buy. I started building my stash when Trump became president because I knew this day would come. I've got thousands upon thousands of primers, 15-20lbs of the powder I use the most and many, many pounds of other powders. I also bought several thousand bullets, not to mention the bags of brass. I'm set!
One solution for small rifle primers shortage is to use not to easy to find but obtainable larger rifle primers. Another step in reloading but it works just fine as Wolf has used large rifle primers in 223 ammo. For years I been doing primer pocket modification to loose small primer pockets in 223, 6br, 6ppc, to large rifle primers
© 24hourcampfire