Home

Anybody here ever loaded any Nosler Partitions sold as blemished factory 2nds? If so, how did they shoot accuracy wise compared to non-blemished bullets for you? How did they perform on game mushroom and penetration wise?

Would you load them again and trust an expensive hunt to them???

Thanks for sharing any experience you may have with Nosler "Blemished" factory 2nd Partitions
I never saw any real performance difference between 1sts and 2nds, regardless of the bullet line (Partition, E-Tip, Accubond, etc.).
I’ve been switching to Nosler factory seconds from SPS due to value for the $’s.
I have seen some factory second 224 bullets with missing the plastic tip - not Nosler, but all factory seconds other than these 224 bullets seem to me equal to factory ‘firsts’. I’m not to picky with bullets that are blemished BTW.
I also have bought quite a few factory seconds from other sources such as Midwayusa. Also no issues with those bullets.

Thanks for sharing guys.

I never considered the factory seconds before...but these are desperate times LOL

All I care is that they shoot and mushroom like they are supposed to
Originally Posted by Termin8r

Thanks for sharing guys.

I never considered the factory seconds before...but these are desperate times LOL

All I care is that they shoot and mushroom like they are supposed to

They do, and and I've been using them since the 1980s. The only difference is cosmetic flaws, picked out by workers who watch all Nosler bullets go by on a conveyor belt, with a magnifying glass. The only ones I've been able to see the "blemishes" on were some 200-grain .30 caliber Partitions that had traces of what looked like soot on the jacket, but they shot the same way "firsts" shoot in my NULA .30-06, three shots in half an inch at 100 yards.
i buy a lot of seconds from SPS. i havent noticed any difference except a few boxes of 165 accubond 308 factory "blem" rounds i bought. the plastic tip is a bit bent or smooshed, but I dont notice any diffence in the shooting
I've shot a lot of Nosler seconds and killed a lot of game with them. Never could see any difference in accuracy or performance.
Nosler 2nds are all I shoot. Never noticed a difference either
Shot deer, hogs and bear with seconds. Never a issue on accuracy or bullet performance.

GreggH
No, don't buy up the 2nds! They're awful. wink

That's mostly what I hunt with, Nosler 2nds. They work just peachy.

Regards, Guy

Good stuff guys. Thank you for sharing your experience.
No difference.
I have had Nosler seconds that were not discernible from firsts. They shot and looked like firsts. I've also had some seconds that while they looked good, accuracy was horrendous. This was with Nosler .30 cal 168 gr Custom Competition bullets.

I wouldn't be afraid to use on a big hunt if I knew how they shot prior. No way would I take them out without testing them first.
© 24hourcampfire