Home
Posted By: LJBass Quickload software - 12/31/23
Good Afternoon Gents,
Used to be several people on here with Quickload.
I was just curious if anyone was still using it? Alternatives?
Seems I find myself shooting or helping people with odd calibers more and more. Also the fact that reloading books are 50-60 bucks a pop.
Just seeing if people still liked it.
Thanks
Posted By: devnull Re: Quickload software - 12/31/23
Download Gordon's Reloading Tool (GRT). Similar to Quickload but free. You need to register an account and then you can download it:

https://grtools.de/doku.php
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Quickload software - 12/31/23
I use it quite a bit. Mostly for Cartridge and bullet combinations with little or no published information like obsolete or discontinued cartridges. I also use it to compare cartridges against each other. I like using it with QuickDesign for wildcat design and viability.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Quickload software - 12/31/23
I use mine all the time.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Quickload software - 12/31/23
Predictive software is just that a Prediction. I have seen some good things in GRT that jive with what i get in actual loads over various cartridges, but have also seen predictions that I wouldn’t even attempt although i did at one time because it was in a published manual. If its for curiosity sake its fun but wouldnt bet my appendages on it. Just like i have loading manuals going back into the late 30’s, 50’s and up that i wouldnt bet my appendages on. I go on the 50/50 rule with predictive software if you flip a coin you have a 50/50 chance of being right.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Quickload software - 12/31/23
For sure Swifty. I like the utility of checking it with powders that may not be in a manual. They’re exactly as you said, predictive but you still need to know what you’re doing.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Quickload software - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by LJBass
Good Afternoon Gents,
Used to be several people on here with Quickload.
I was just curious if anyone was still using it? Alternatives?
Seems I find myself shooting or helping people with odd calibers more and more. Also the fact that reloading books are 50-60 bucks a pop.
Just seeing if people still liked it.
Thanks

It's a great tool, often more accurate then the manuals, but sometimes not. So long as you use it in conjunction with other tools, chronograph, manuals etc., and don't take unreasonable shortcuts its very helpful.
Posted By: M1Garand Re: Quickload software - 01/01/24
I use mine all the time too. I've just started playing with GRT as well.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Quickload software - 01/02/24
I use it, mostly out of curiosity.
© 24hourcampfire