Home
Posted By: Popap 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/24/24
Anyone having problems with tje 180 ELDm blowing up in your 7mm packages?
Posted By: Fotis Re: 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/24/24
Not so far in my 28 Nosler....
Originally Posted by Popap
Anyone having problems with tje 180 ELDm blowing up in your 7mm packages?

Could be a bad lot of bullets. I had some that blew up in mid air a few years ago. How old are your bullets??? The ones I had issues with were 6.5 140's though, but could happen to any of the ELD match bullets, if something in the manufacturing process went wrong.
Posted By: Popap Re: 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/25/24
They are approximately 2 years old.
What issues are you seeing?
Originally Posted by Popap
They are approximately 2 years old.

I'm also wondering what you mean by "blowing up". Is it as I suspected in my previous post, or actual blow ups on impacts on critters? If they are blowing up in mid air, you need to contact Hornady with the lot number. They will make it right.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: AU338MAG Re: 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/26/24
I've heard of these issues with the 180 ELD m as well from a friend of mine. He has a Gunwerks 28 Nosler and they told him if these issues.
Posted By: irfubar Re: 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/26/24
If they tend to blow up mid-air how do you expect them to work on elk?
Posted By: BigNate Re: 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/26/24
The picture above looks more like a stability issue.
Originally Posted by BigNate
The picture above looks more like a stability issue.

It only happened with that one lot. Contacted Hornady, and they sent me some new ones.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I shot 1,200 of those pills with no issues through that rifle. Just the one box had issues. The tips were even an off color, when comparing them to the other ones. Still waiting to see what the OP meant by "blowing up". On game, or in mid flight?..
Posted By: Judman Re: 180 ELD-M BlowUPS..... - 01/26/24
They really blow up coming up outta my welfare/food stamp bought RAR. Worst $500 rifle I’ve ever traded food stamps for!!🤦‍♂️

Surely wouldn’t send one into an elk!! Barnes mono’s or nothing!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by irfubar
If they tend to blow up mid-air how do you expect them to work on elk?
IME so far, the 180s have worked fine on moose and the 6.5mm 147s have done well on elk.

I’m also still wondering what issues the OP is having, whether in-flight or terminal performance.
© 24hourcampfire