Home
Posted By: jackmountain Primers article by JB - 02/28/24
Found this link shared by member Grovey on an older thread. Some good information in an article by JB, figured it was worth bringing to the top for anyone interested.
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/?topic=56422.0
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Primers article by JB - 02/28/24
People may find this interesting too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: remingtonman Re: Primers article by JB - 02/28/24
Tag
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Primers article by JB - 02/28/24
Good stuff, gentlemen. Thanks
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: Primers article by JB - 03/07/24
I may have missed it in the above article but anybody know what the cup thickness is on large rifle primers?

Also, didn’t see any info on using small rifle primers in large rifle calibers that utilize brass with small primer pockets(6.5 CM and 308 brass w/small primer pockets)

Which small rifle primer is the absolute best/safest for use with this brass?….CCI 450, #41, Rem 7 1/2…?

Leftybolt
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Primers article by JB - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Leftybolt
I may have missed it in the above article but anybody know what the cup thickness is on large rifle primers?

Also, didn’t see any info on using small rifle primers in large rifle calibers that utilize brass with small primer pockets(6.5 CM and 308 brass w/small primer pockets)

Which small rifle primer is the absolute best/safest for use with this brass?….CCI 450, #41, Rem 7 1/2…?

Leftybolt
.027 LR primers. Google primer cup thickness and there charts out there that tell you what brand SR thickness is they vary. Basically use the one thats the most accurate if you test them you will see.
Stay away from the Rem6.5 unless you run a hornet type case, 450's work good in the BR cases i use alot of 7.5 in my 17, 20 and 22 cals except my 20BRA which gets 450's
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Primers article by JB - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Leftybolt

Leftybolt
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire