Home
Well I am about to develop a load with some Speer 140 gr Hotcores with SW4350 and/or Ramshot Hunter . According to the burn rate charts these powders are between H4350 and H4831 from a burn rate standpoint. Seems like they would be good choices for the heavier bullets in the Creed. Have any of you guys got any experience?
The Hornady #11 shows Hunter from 38.0 gr - 44.9 gr with their bullets, their case, and a Fed 215 primer. I played with Hunter a little bit but found H4350 and StaBALL6.5 worked a little better in my rifle using 140 gr SST's. As a possible point of reference for you, 44.0 gr Hunter, Lapua case, and CCI 200's gave decent accuracy and 2566 fps from a 20" barrel. I felt I could easily increase the powder charge but, as I say, I got distracted with other powders.

I actually used Hunter a bit more with 129 Interlocks and found I got significantly better accuracy and about 50 fps additional speed when I used either CCI250 or WLR primers instead of Fed 210's or CCI 200's. That's all I've got. Sorry I can't be more helpful with the HotCor's.

Please post your results as I've got alotta Hunter and it should be a good fit in the ManBun.
I played with Hunter a little in my Tikka T3x Lite with an 18” barrel. This will be my hunting load for this year’s deer season. It is safe in my rifle but work up to it.
I also started using it in my 7-08 and 150 ELD-X. Works good in it too.

Average fps- 2613 out the 18” barrel

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Just a note I have a Ruger American Predator with a 22" barrel.

TTPOZ

I HAVE SOME 129GR Interlocks as well. I might give them a try too.
© 24hourcampfire