Home
I want to do a bunch of plinking with my 260 this spring/summer. Where can I find the cheapest bullets on sale right now?

I though they would be Remington bulk, but I haven't seen those very cheap either.
Good luck finding "cheap" bullets. let us know if any exist.

Check midway, they're on sale til the end of the month. These will be remington c-l in 120 & 140.
In years past I picked up cheap bullets from Lo Lo sporting goods in lewiston Idaho, they were factory run fron the speer bullet plant in town and were sold by the pound I got a bunch of 243 90 fmj's, 25 cal 100 grain hp and 120 sp's, 150 gr .277 grand slams and even 160 grain .284 grand slams and a 160 gr sp that loaded just the same as the GS's to blow away for practise. They just scooped them out wieghed them and wrapped them up in paper bags. This was while back but they may still be available.
Try 3 Lees in Grand Island, NE. I have bought hundreds of 129 grain SpirePoints, 129 grain SSTs, and 140 grain AMaxs from them over the years.

www.3lees.com

Jeff
Try Wideners shooting supply, they are about the cheapest that I have found so far. www.wideners.com
Speers 120 grainers have had the lowest list price tag I have seen on 6.5 bullets.. they are pretty decent for accuracy, like anything else in 6.5 bore...

Grafs sells some of those Prvi Partisan Bullets in 6.5 mm, 144 grain FMJ.. those are about the cheapest bulk bullets I have seen... they are made in Yugoslavia, or whatever that section of it is called nowadays...
check your pm.

ned
Thanks guys. I'll look around. Since eBay killed off the hunting supplies, I haven't found nearly as many good deals.
Rem CLs in 120 should work...just bought 400.....
Where did you get them, and at what price?
Brassman has 129 and 140 grain bullets for $105.00 shipped.
http://www.brassmanbrass.com/monthlyspecials.html
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Rem CLs in 120 should work...just bought 400.....

I don't know about the Remington CoreLokt 120s, but a few years ago I bought some CoreLokt 140s in bulk that proved very inaccurate. Every other bullet I've tried in my 6.5x55 Ruger-- about 7 or 8-- has shot under 1.25" @100. Those bulk Remingtons went 3-4 inches. I wouldn't buy them again. Let us know if the 120s work for you.

I agree that the Speer 120s are about as cheap as it gets and are accurate enough-- though not the most accurate in my rifle by far.
© 24hourcampfire