Home
Anyone out there had experience with the CT Partition Gold? Curious as to how it handles elk sized game compared with the Nosler partitions. Since I'm having troubles getting X's to shoot, I thought I'd give them a go. Are they any improvement over the basic partition?<P>The have a non-Moly version out. As I've not worked with moly coated bullets before, any insights here would be appreciated. I'm leaning toward the non-moly ones, but can't really tell you why.
Muley Stalker; I have recently acquired a quantity of the Partition Gold in .308 - 180 grain [non-moly] I am not a lover of Moly, so have no interest in even trying the coated variety. But the P/G looks good and shoots good in 3 of my rifles. I have harvested literally tons of game over the past 4 decades with Partition bullets, and they are the Standard by which I judge all other bullets. Obviously, they are not needed for all applications, but when you need 'em, they do the job!! Period! I sectioned one of these P/G bullets to take a good look. There is no reason why they should not act like the other partitions. They may even retain a little more weight than the original Partition. However, I will try one on a Moose this fall and see if it works like the others....or better. I will post results then. Regards, Eagleye. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]
Supposedly the gold's partition has been moved forward and you get better weight retention. I've only recovered one of the original so don't feel the need for more penetration. I'm shooting 140 6.5mms.
© 24hourcampfire