Home
Posted By: twodogs Barnes XBT Bullets - 03/04/09
It's been so long since I tried to get an "excellent accuracy" load for my .257 WBY that I still have some XBT's on hand. I didn't have any idea they'd been discontinued but noticed that more people were loading TSX and less and less XBT's.

I guess it pays to pay attention and I'm glad I didn't get the perfect load with the XBT's. grin
Posted By: Freddy Re: Barnes XBT Bullets - 03/04/09
I have had good luck with the xbt and xfb bullets in both my 300 wsm and 270 wsm, 150's in the 270 wsm and 200 gr in the 300wsm. Barnes still has 150 gr x bullets for the 270, ordered two boxes yesterday. I use the ttsx bullets also, they are very accurate but they cost alot more than the x bullets.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Barnes XBT Bullets - 06/24/21
I have 3 boxes of 85 grain 6mm XBT bullets. I've never tried them on game. Reading the thread TSX bullets on ask the gun writers, it seems these may not open up very well???

Anyone use XBT bullets in 6mm?
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Barnes XBT Bullets - 06/24/21
They've worked fine for me.
Posted By: memtb Re: Barnes XBT Bullets - 06/25/21

I’ve got two unopened boxes for my wife’s .338 WM, stashed in the reloading room, should a component shortage come to pass. I’ve never developed a load with any of the “blue” bullets.....they were bought at a very good price for emergency stock! memtb
© 24hourcampfire