Home
Posted By: HaYen Question for you BLR reloaders? - 09/02/09
Do you crimp?
I have a 358BLR. I have roll crimped, and used a Lee factory crimp die. My rifle prefers no crimp so I no longer crimp when loading for it.
Yes, lee factory crimp for my .358.
I have a BLR and no I don't crimp.
I have loaded for BLRs in 308, 7-08, 358, 257Roberts and never crimped any of them.Rick.
I had a 308 blr and didn't crimp. Really ....the blr is not much different than any bolt action except you are moving the casing via lever vrs bolt. I don't think there is much diff in camming action....and since your are feeding from a clip I would call the comparison a "draw". There should be absolutely no reason to crimp if you are getting .002-.003 grip on your bullets. (Unless of course you find there is some sort of accuracy gain which some do..and some don't report.
I own a BLR in .308. Have never crimped. I also neck size vs. fl size. Works well for my gun.
BLR/.358 -no crimpy. Can neck size 2x ONLY, but switched over to partial FL every time.
i dont crimp 308's. i cant see why it would make any positive improvement.
I didn't think so. I got a special edition from Rifle Mag on Levers and they had the BLR in there. I don't one (...yet) and have never had to load for one. Now I didn't think of the neck sizing vs FL sizing?

Sakoluvr, What would happen if you NS a 3rd time?

Ringworm ... LOVE THE PHOTO!!!
Very tough if not impossible to chamber a round. YMMV, but just NK sizing for 3x is hard to do with most guns, never mind a lever action (yes, even the BLR). Really no need anyway. Just do a partial FL size each time, and never worry about it. You do not want issues in the field.
Lee Factory Crimp for .270 and 7mm-08
© 24hourcampfire