Home
Posted By: JSH WXR Powder in the 300 Weatherby - 04/12/10
I came across a pound of this and can't find any data for it. I know they only sold it for a short time, anyone with an older Winchester manual that can share some load data for the 300 Weatherby with 180-200 gr bullets?
Here's were it fall on the burn rate

135. Hodgdon H4831
136. Norma MRP
137. Alliant RL22
138. Winchester 785
139. Hodgdon H450
140. Accurate Mag Pro
141. Vihta Vuori N165
142. Winchester WXR
143. IMR 7828
144. Accurate 8700
145. Hodgdon H1000
146. Ramshot Magnum

I would pick something close and start low...actually I won't even load it since it's discontinued and only 1 lb is availible kind of pointless
Every round of new brass needs fireformed.

Burn it up...
Thanks, my Vanguard likes 7828 so I'll start with the low end loads for that powder. I was hoping someone had the published loads just for my piece of mind.
Not load it????
Well, then it's just fertilizer in a pretty bottle...
laugh
Just frustrating to work up a good load and not have it available any more but since ya have it might as well light it behind bullets
I use quite a bit of it in my rifles.It really makes my 7mag,7STW,300WSM and 300 Win Mag shine.I get nearly the same grouping and nearly exactly the same,but slightly lower velocities of around 15-20 fps,with the same charge of Reloader-22.So I would move it down the burn rate scale,closer to reloader-22.Since there is very little reloading data for the WXR powder,I've used Reloader-22 data as my guide.As always,start low and work your way up.Get a chrony if you don't have one and watch your pressure signs.I'd buy as much of it as you want.I know Graf's still had it for 14.99 a lb.and that's a great price.I worked up loads for my rifles and I know if I ever run out I'll just switch over to Reloader-22.
dvdegeorge-my thoughts exactly. And at 300 Weatherby charge weights it doesn't take long to burn through a pound. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't shoot well...

baldhunter-thanks for the tip, glad to hear someone had success with it.
Should be good stuff. I've heard its right between 4831's and RL22. Work it up.
© 24hourcampfire