Home
I'm fairly new to reloading so bear with me with this question. I have always loaded my .300 Win Mag ammo with Fed 215M primers in the past. I'm in the need to purchase primers and the 215M primers are not to be had. So my question is how much difference is there between the Fed 215M and the CCI LM primers? Thanks for any info.......
Not much. Back off a couple of grains and work back up.
Hunter333,

You may be pleasantly surprised by switching. I have reduced groups by halfwithnothing more than a change in primers. With big guns I always start with the 215's. Once I discover what I think is a max load I switch primers; like two or three brands.

With small stuff I start with CCI BR-4 and go from there.
I used to use the 215M's back when you could still find them. I switched in the last couple years to CCI 250's since I found a bunch of them and stocked up. The differences I found was that the CCI's reduced the group size but produced a little lower velocity. Not a whole lot of velocity loss, in my 358 Norma, it was something like 50 fps.
Is the cci 250 as hot as the 215?
Again...here's the link
http://www.accuratereloading.com/primer.html
I use federal mag primers right now but picked up some CCIs to try out soon. What is this with the federals not being available?
Not sure. Every primer of every type from every major brand is on all the shelves here.
Not exactly same as topic but in my 308 a change from win rifle primers to cci br4 gave me a 100 fps drop with the same load. I was a little surprised at that but accuracy was still great and possibly better.
kraky111,

How did you use the br4 in a large primer pocket?
© 24hourcampfire