Home
The latest Cabela's flyer I got had some pretty good deals on the TAC-X. Is there any difference between that bullet and the TSX?
corrected see below
Uhhh...negative ghost rider. Two different bullets. The Tac-X is not the TAC RRLP.
I believe tsx the tac-x are the same. Barnes had to go through special test for military and police and they had to name the tsx bullets a different name. They had to show test reports as well. Well thats what Ty told me..
Okay try:
"All-copper TAC-X� rifle bullets have a proven reputation for accuracy. They�re designed for controlled double-diameter expansion, maximum penetration and full functionality at long range. Straighter tracking through barriers and better weight retention than with lead-core bullets. Available in 55, 62 and 70-grain 5.56mm (.224�); 85 and 110-grain 6.8mm (.277�); 110, 150 and 168-grain .308�, and 123-grain 7.62�39mm (.310�) weights and calibers."

Sure sounds like a TSX but a phone call to Barnes might explain the difference if there is any.

Might be a bit more "expansive" than a regular TSX.

Thanks trailrider. Every Google search I did had the same answer as yours. Just FYI, Cabela's has them their Tac-X bullets guy one, get one free.
Originally Posted by BossLady
Okay try:
"All-copper TAC-X� rifle bullets have a proven reputation for accuracy. They�re designed for controlled double-diameter expansion, maximum penetration and full functionality at long range. Straighter tracking through barriers and better weight retention than with lead-core bullets. Available in 55, 62 and 70-grain 5.56mm (.224�); 85 and 110-grain 6.8mm (.277�); 110, 150 and 168-grain .308�, and 123-grain 7.62�39mm (.310�) weights and calibers."

Sure sounds like a TSX but a phone call to Barnes might explain the difference if there is any.

Might be a bit more "expansive" than a regular TSX.

That's the one. Heck, if it's a bit more expansive than a regular TSX I don't really think that's a bad thing.
No, Cabela's has no such deal, Just hung up with them. Couldn't stay in business long giving away a box of $35.00 bullets with each other box purchased.
If you have a SPECIFIC web address or person you spoke to at Cabela's be so kind as to share it. Thanks.
(Here's the link to Cabela's)
http://www.cabelas.com/p-0074073217246a.shtml
Dunno what to tell you Oldman1942/Framis/BossLady, but I placed the order over the phone and just confirmed the order and free bullets with Cabela's online customer support. I was told the 62gr are backordered. I'll get the two I ordered, but not the two free boxes until they replenish their stock.

Here ya go Frammy...

[Linked Image]
maybe he/she/it called Brownells by mistake?

kup
While I realize kup may be numerically challenged (aka stupid) , if he can call 800-237-4444 and get Brownells' he should go to DC and help Obama fix the economy. (he's now on ignore as thread pirates all go there)

Clark, the name is Karen, try and get it right in the future. On the phone with Cabala's right now and they are having a hard time finding it. Oops, they found it so I ordered 8 boxes. Thanks for the heads up Clark, my new, to me, 300 H&H M70 Bull Gun thanks you too.
When did you get this flier? I'm going to call them and some it this is true.
It's true. Just order up some 168gr tac-x bullets. Cost was 18.99 a box. Big thanks Clark for sharing...
No problem. To answer your question, I got the flyer in the last couple of days...maybe Saturday or Monday.
While you are on the phone, see if they have any Shaw seconds.
Worked for me, good price on TSX.
Just got my shipment of 200 ML/E 168 308 TAC-X BT
Sectioned one and one TSX 168 BT ..... exactly the same bullet.
Give it up Larry.

NOBODY really believes your parents named you Karen. They named you Larry and you now go by Karen because in your old age you've become gender confused.

Who is this person "nsaqam" ? I keep getting posts by him every thread I post on, but all I see is:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Wonder why that is ? Must not be worth reading. Probably just another Johnny Depp wannabe.

Those TSXs sure will be nice in my 300 H&H M70 Bull Gun that I just bought a minty 2" Unertl for it to wear.

Should make a nice hole in an iron plate.

Thanks for the post. Always wondered what the difference was and ended up getting two free boxes of bullets out of the deal for my new 30-06.
Originally Posted by BossLady
While I realize kup may be numerically challenged (aka stupid) , if he can call 800-237-4444 and get Brownells' he should go to DC and help Obama fix the economy. (he's now on ignore as thread pirates all go there)

Clark, the name is Karen, try and get it right in the future. On the phone with Cabala's right now and they are having a hard time finding it. Oops, they found it so I ordered 8 boxes. Thanks for the heads up Clark, my new, to me, 300 H&H M70 Bull Gun thanks you too.

Might be stupid but I at least know if I am male or female.
Glad you know ... it is an important fact lest you get stomped by some lady Bikers when you whip the tiny thing out in the ladies room. No doubt she'd shove your head down a toilet! See you in Sturgis .... well not really,no Vespas allowed.

[Linked Image]

Just ordered 8 more boxes, thanks again Clark
© 24hourcampfire