Home
Anyone here have some experience with these? My youngest boy has an upcoming Bison hunt this winter and I think these will do the trick. I put together a dummy round it cycles great through his browning 71. Now I just need to pick a powder and give em a go what have you guys used?
Thanks Chris

Attached picture MVC-016S.JPG
I've used IMR4350 in the .348, did a fairly good job. Can't say it was the best, it was the only powder I tried. Groups were 2"ish at 100 yards with a Hornady 200 grain bullet.
They should work great. Woodleighs are pretty muzzle-velocity specific for the best performance, but the only cartridge this bullet is made for is pretty velocity-specific.
I was thinking about H4831 on the loading data I have seen it shows good velocity with low pressure so I interpret that to be less recoil for the youngster? Anyway that is my thought process.
Thanks Chris
I've had good results with the 250 Barnes Originals with H4350 and H4831.
Wish I could see good enough to shoot my Browning 71. Had it about 15 years and it's never been shot (by me). That's a sin I guess.
My rifle likes RL-19.
You could fix that. I could send a few factory loads if you need.
Thanks for the info I have not used the RL19 yet but may give er a try.
That Woodleigh bullet is designed specifically for the .348..One thing you can take to the bank and that is excellent performance with Woodleigh bullets..They are bonded core and the expand into ragged, cutting wings that really tear things up. The are an outstanding bullet that has proven itself for ions in Africa and its home country of Australia where it is very well respected.

I have shot a lot of big game, both small and large with Woodleighs and they are in my top 3 choices of bullets. Never had one fail in over 40 years of useing them off and on.
© 24hourcampfire