Home
I got bored today and decided to try some reloading for my Ruger MKII 350 REM Mag. I do not have a chronograph so I do not know the velocity other than what it says in the reloading manual. The recipe I used was right from Ramshot data that was sent to me.
Gun- Ruger MKII w Nikon 3x9 scope left on 3x
Case- new remington
Primer- Rem 91/2 large Rifle
Powder- 58gr TAC
Bullet- Remington 200gr RN
Outside Temp- 20 degrees F

Took it out to my 75yd range and fired a three shot group. Light recoil and excellent results as seen in picture below below. The gun is sighted in now for the Remington factory rounds using the 200 PSP and these reloads grouped extremely tight and about 1" lower than the factory rounds. I see no reason to do any more testing.

[Linked Image]
I see no reason to do any more testing.
Oh, come on now. You have to try the new Barnes 200 gr TTSX that just came out. keep the TAC though. grin
Okay, you got me. I bet that barnes is a keeper. This is my first time using any of the Ramshot powders and I so far I like them. They meter very well through the old Lyman 55 and the one load I tried shot just fine.
Is that a minimum, moderate or max load?

I've used TAC in the .223, .30-30 and .308 so far. In the .308 and .223 it seems to shoot best at or near the max charge Ramshot lists. In the .30-30 it didn't do well at all since even the max charge has a very mild pressure.
In the .30-30 it didn't do well at all since even the max charge has a very mild pressure.

Did you try a mag primer?
Jim,

According to my data Ramshot lists 57.4gr as the starting load at a MV of 2600-2700fps and the max load is 64gr at 2900-3000fps. This is all from a 24" barrel. Based on that data I would have to call my load of 58gr as a minimum load and out of my 22" barrel I am guessing I am getting 2500-2600 but that is just a guess.

My dad will probably hunt deer with the 350 this year and recoil is starting to bother him so My goal was to find a load that was light recoiling and similar to the 358 Winchester in performance.
TAC also produces velocities about as high as any powder in the .350 with 225-250 grain bullets, along with excellent accuracy.

It also works wonders in the 9.3 B-S!
Originally Posted by mathman
In the .30-30 it didn't do well at all since even the max charge has a very mild pressure.

Did you try a mag primer?

No, I just switched to Reloder 15 and that worked fine. wink
I was just wondering since I recall JB finding a hotter primer to work better with TAC in the 300 Savage.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
TAC also produces velocities about as high as any powder in the .350 with 225-250 grain bullets, along with excellent accuracy.

Hunter ran good with 200 and 250 Hornady's out of my Whelen. Does TAC do well with the Whelen, too?
Haven't tried TAC in the Whelen. It would probably work fine, especially with a magnum primer.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I've been thinking it might work in the x74R version, just never pursued it yet. Any thoughts?
TAC works well in the plain ole 35 Rem. I shoot it in my 15" Contender under 180's and 220's. It works well.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I see no reason to do any more testing.
Oh, come on now. You have to try the new Barnes 200 gr TTSX that just came out. keep the TAC though. grin

I'd have to agree! The 200gr TTSX with the boattail applies all the "goods" a .350 has to offer...........Barnes did good here!!

X-VERMINATOR
© 24hourcampfire