Home
I think a boolistic tip would be fine in the 9.3 lest a guy was shooting deadly game.

But the Accubond 250 grain might just out perform the TSX or even the TTSX with it's higher BC.. DOH.

Spot
A 9.3x62 is not a Whitetail or Antelope rifle. It's a serious "thumper" that the African Germans killed big and nasty everything with.

BC doesn't mean squat at 200 yards and under. A 250 or 286 TSX is the crusher with A Frames and partitions close behind. Think of a slightly detuned 375 H&H not a 270 WCF.

Elk, Moose, Bear are it's niche over here. "Three shots quick":

[Linked Image]

Five shot slower:

[Linked Image]

The "DOH" was about BC

I like the 250 AB in 9.3s. It is virtually a mirror image of the 260 AB in the .375 H&H. Based on my experiences with elk and African plains game, I would not hesitate to use either on ungulates or bears up to (but not including) critters the size of Cape Buffalo. I have never had any problems finding an accurate combination of brass, primer, powder and bullet with either bore size.
Yep.

I have used a bunch of bullets in the 9.3x62 and similar rounds. It's hard to find a bad bullet in that velocity range, but a 250 AccuBond at 2600 or so is a very fine all-around load. I've used it on bigger game from gemsbok to grizzly, and also on a bunch of smaller game at ranges out to 300+ yards. It expands nicely on small animals, yet penetrates great on bigger stuff, both on bone and when it has to go lengthwise.
Goodwrench,

200 yds? Really?

I push my 260 AB's to 2606 and with my CDS elev turrets on my 1.75-6 VX3 regularly ring steel out to 400 yds. wink
CZ55O 2O" barrel

mine shoots the 25Ogr TSX best of what i've tried so far including Swift a-frames and woodleigh's. These were loads worked up using big game, if i'd messed with other powders maybe i would have gotten different results. bottom line is use whatever premium bullet suits your intended game and gives you consistent accuracy.
yeah, while I guess so. A 45-70 can be shot at 1000 yards but would not be my first choice. There are a lot of better choices for 200 yards + than a 9.3x62.
Of course it will work, if it's all you have or just want to.
Funny that most "experts" think of the 35 Whelen as a close in big game cartridge but the 9.3x62 seems to be different....... about as different, with modern bullets and rifles, as a 308 and a 30-06.

Love the 9.3s but I don't think of them as #1 for light big game at extended ranges with a 300 Winmag, 300 H&H and 30-378 in the gunsafe.
Originally Posted by GSSP
I push my 260 AB's to 2606 and with my CDS elev turrets on my 1.75-6 VX3 regularly ring steel out to 400 yds. wink

"Whackkkkk."
Putting a CDS on a 2.5-8x sounds interesting
I used the 9.3 250 NAB this year on whitetail and moose. The moose was quartering towards and took the round in the shoulder at ~175 yards. The animal dropped at the shot, rose, took two steps and went down for good. The bullet was recovered under the hide on the off side. I haven't weighed it yet but it looks to me like jacket and core are together with a classic mushroom.

I was pleased with the bullet's performance.
© 24hourcampfire