Home
I need/want to get into handloading. I headed up to Cabelas today with all the other "Black Friday" shoppers(insanity) and picked up the Supreme reloading kit on sale for 249.

RCBS will kick in another 10$ rebate and I had a 10$ cabelas code to use, which means 229 out the door for the whole kit.

If you spend 300, RCBS will refund 50 bucks, which is like getting two sets of dies for free. Smokin deal really....

I had the box in my cart,But I just couldn't do it, I think in my mind I want the Redding Big Boss loader.

There both about the same thing really, but the same setup for the Redding will cost much much more. Maybe 200 more. The Redding starter kit doesnt make financial sense to me so I have little interest in their kit

Why would I want to spend the extra coin?

Buy the RCBS
Buy the RCBS unless you just want the Redding and have money to spend.

I would hate to guess how many thousands upon thousands of rounds I have loaded on my RCBS press.

Dink
I haven't made thousands of rounds yet, but RCBS customer service is excellent. I was missing some parts to my hand priming tool and a screw for the powder measure, and they sent me replacement parts at no charge.
Not to hijack here BUT, I had a Rock Chucker, got lost in a move, going to replace soon, but am confused by all the different models RCBS has, I will be loading, 45-70 and and 257WM, and either 7x57 or 280 down the road, suggestions on press please.
Originally Posted by BobnRoy257_b4_Bob257AI
Not to hijack here BUT, I had a Rock Chucker, got lost in a move, going to replace soon, but am confused by all the different models RCBS has, I will be loading, 45-70 and and 257WM, and either 7x57 or 280 down the road, suggestions on press please.

Rockchucker Supreme. Top of the RCBS line. Bullet proof, cant go wrong for the bucks.

Swifty
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I need/want to get into handloading. I headed up to Cabelas today with all the other "Black Friday" shoppers(insanity) and picked up the Supreme reloading kit on sale for 249.

RCBS will kick in another 10$ rebate and I had a 10$ cabelas code to use, which means 229 out the door for the whole kit.

If you spend 300, RCBS will refund 50 bucks, which is like getting two sets of dies for free. Smokin deal really....

I had the box in my cart,But I just couldn't do it, I think in my mind I want the Redding Big Boss loader.

There both about the same thing really, but the same setup for the Redding will cost much much more. Maybe 200 more. The Redding starter kit doesnt make financial sense to me so I have little interest in their kit

For the diffrence in bucks, ya shoulda bought it. Got 1 chucker for rifle thats loaded over 100,000 rifle and pistol rounds over 20 years, still going strong. My pair of chuckers, 1 with a piggyback 2, other strictly for rifles.

[Linked Image]

Swifty

Fron .223 through the long RUM cartriges the supreme works great for me.
[Linked Image]
Almost everything on that bench is RCBS now days.
Absolutely nothing the Redding will do that the RCBS won't do equally well.

If you want to step up from the RCBS, then the Forster Co-Ax is the best there is in a single stage press, IMO.

MM
I also am new to reloading and I bought the same kit from Cabelas this weekend. I figured with the rebates from RCBS and the $15 Cabelas code that I had, how can you go wrong.
I have the exact RCBS setup and have turned out loads for multiple calibers. The 6.5x55 and the 30-06 both being sub moa.
They are excellant loads and it is fun rolling my own. Reload in the winter, shoot in the summer, and hunt in the fall. Reloading has stretched my hunting season and has made me a lot better shooter. Buckfever1
Originally Posted by Jamie

Fron .223 through the long RUM cartriges the supreme works great for me.
[Linked Image]
Almost everything on that bench is RCBS now days.

That's all you need right there.....

Pretty phuggin stupid.....
I have loaded at least 10k rounds on an RCBS Partner press, everything from .380 ACP to .338 Winchester. The Partner is a much smaller press, so a Rock Chucker should do you fine. The only reason I don't use the Partner any more is because I was given an RC, and then I decided I wanted a turret press.
if you are gonna step up from the RCBS to a Redding, get a T7 turret press or the Ultramag...
Has anyone ever directly compared the Rock chucker to a Big Boss quality wise. I would much rather buy an American made product,

If the quality reflects the price difference.

There's not a retailer in 300 miles that carries the Big Boss,go figure....
I have over 20,000 centerfire rifle cartidges through mine and it acts like the first round I loaded. RCBS makes good stuff and if all you need in my opinion. T.S.
Originally Posted by toad
if you are gonna step up from the RCBS to a Redding, get a T7 turret press

+1 If a guy doesn't want a single stage press, the T7 is THE way to go.

MM
Yep.
You should have bought that kit.

IF you're going to upgrade above that get a turret press. I wish I had one some days.

Travis
I went back and got the supreme kit, also dies, bullets, caliper...

Get ready for a whole lotta stupid questions guys.......
I've used the same Rockchucker for over 30 years. The only reason I bought a Rockchucker Supreme is the opening in the Rockchucker is too small to load .404 Jeffery and .416 Rigby and even the .375 H&H was a bit of a tight fit in the Rockchucker.
Paul B.

Good for you!!!!! Welcome to the world of reloading. You'll be happy with your decision....Make sure you read through that reloading manual that comes with the kit. You'll find some good info in the first couple chapters regarding the how to's of cartridge reloading.....

Awesome!

Travis

Good deal. Now, you will disappear into the back room for hours.... grin
Hoping the Sale stays on till exmas, also just found a used X bolt with glass in 280rem at Cabelas, so many choices and so little money!!1 Found a room used for a dark room where I am living, the old owner has a kitchen counter set up in there with lower cabinets, nice and solid, my new reloading area and bench!!!

Congrats and good Decision!!! I've loaded 1000s of rounds on my rock chucker and it's going strong.
© 24hourcampfire