Home
Really, just wondering how many Repeat Buyers these guys have?

Or, is dealing with Oregonians always a new-age kind of laidback thing?

Last time I bought from these guys, if you spent $200+ you got Flat Rate Priority shipping for FREE. NOT Anymore...

I had an account with them. Last log-in was about a week before placing this week's order. Friday, was going to do an order, but the website shows NO RECORD of my email when requested to have password sent...(thought I'd forgotten the password). I'd recently logged in though, so I used their CONTACT US email. By Monday, when I ordered, there was a NOTICE that they had a New Site, and ALL PRIOR ACCOUNTS MUST Re-Establish... Okay, did that...

Never got an email reply to my Contact Us emaial.
Payment was verified as immediate on my order.

I did get a Order Verification Email and when I called today at 12:30 Oregon Time to inquire about when/if the order has been or will ship, I was told "There's probably no one in that dept right now, it is Lunch Time so they're probably at lunch."

I called back about 10 minutes before 5pm and am told "There's no one there now. They leave at 4:30"...

I made the mistake of wondering why Nosler can't have people to answer customer inquiries throughout the day and their employee tells me, "I am not going to listen to anymore negativity"...

This dude has heard nothing negative from me yet, but...

The Nosler family can run their business however they want, but they evidently DON'T GIVE A D.MN about their customers.

I order from Brownells and get a tracking # hot-link. Last order with these guys took 2 weeks to arrive and there was no way to know when they shipped my stuff.

Their Shooter's Pro Shop Website has been just about empty ever since they started it. Very lame. If you intend to offer full-service sales from other manufacturers and announce that you will do so, Order the gear and do it! These guys have been over a year saying "coming soon" and maybe they got some Remington brass and a few other items, but nothing like what they promoted to be developing.

Speaking of development, what Online Business that is competent loses or locks-out their entire customer base?

Can Nosler do anything right on the Internet?

Last year, they nearly DOUBLED the cost of their 2nds and couple months later brought prices back down. What kind of business doubles prices and then adjusts them back in space of Six or Eight Weeks?

It has been over 2yrs that Shooter's Pro Shop was going to bring lots of gear to their customers. Gonna just sell the discards your high standards cull out? Fine, but why put your prestige on the line and make elementary errors? Might want to pay a consultant to get your site up to date and operational. Might want to buy the gear you claim you intend to offer. I'm sure RCBS, Redding, Forster, Rem, Win, Federal, and the other specialty houses will extend a warm welcome and maybe even work a deal in your favor...

Just maybe Nosler could have someone to answer the phone and handle customer inquiries. Just maybe they could email enough information to customers so inquiries would not be necessary?

They damn well ought to be sure their people don't go all wimpy and imagine they're gonna hear "negativity" when a customer wonders why the customer service dept closes down completely for lunch and goes home at 4:30pm instead of having someone around to answer the inquiries they might get.

Nosler better damn well HOPE They Get Customer Inquiries, whether they are critical or not. Looks to me as a repeat customer that they are harder to deal with than any other on-line vendor and they don't give a damn about what you think or inquire about...

That is a sure recipe for ruining a company. But such is the American Way.
Don't buy from them....leaves more for me and others who don't have a problem with them.
I have bought from them a number of times and everything was fine. I did order some .35 225 accubonds once and they sold out before they updated their listing. They called and offered to send 225 partitions instead.

At least you got to talk to a real prerson... laugh
I recently placed an order and also had to reestablish my account. The only thing I don't like is that to order multiple units you have to click on the object multiple times instead of inputting the amount you want. It would have been nice for them to place a notice of the changes on the lead page to their site instead of leaving it to the user to figure it out. They have never sent any tracking information as far as I know. The free shipping for $200 orders was a special deal for a limited time. But they now do offer flat rate shipping. Just glad they do offer their 2nds.
Don't forget about Bivwak the auction site they were doing a while back. That thing was a mess too. I can't get the last batch of accubond seconds from them to shoot. They say they are cosmetic blemishes only but if you talk to the right person you'll find out that other problem bullets get ran through as seconds too. I have had several times that the site let me place orders only to find out later that they were out. They've never offered me an alternative.

I used to shoot a lot of their seconds with several orders of $500+ but I'm rethinking it now. I can shoot amax firsts for less than accubond seconds. I'm going to try the 208 amax on game this year.

Bb
I have a whole cabinet full of seconds: .277 130 gr solid base, 6.5 mm 130 gr AB, 6.5 mm 120 gr BT, 7mm 140 gr AB, and .41 210 gr pistol bullets.

I have seen nothing but superb customer service and excellent results from the bullets.

I will admit the stock pile I enjoy was purchased pre-Obama, and their selection of seconds has been severely limited since the obamanation took office.
I have bought from them in the past and if they ever have any of the types that I need I would buy from them again.
I think that midway or someone else has made a dead for a lot of what they call seconds.That is why there aren't many anymore.
Apparently the "new" (once again) website dumped all the old accounts. I had to start a new account too.

The manufacturers of shooting stuff--especially the old line manufacturers--seem to have only reluctantly been dragged and into cyber commerce. I mean, look at all the errors on Remington's website.

As far as availability, SPS has always been an outlet for blems/2nds, no guarantee was made concerning inventory. We can thank the information superhighway for everybody knowing about SPS these days, throw in Obama's election and the previous year or two of buying frenzy of anything that remotely shoots, and a more recent downturn in the economy which probably translates into lower production to create 2nds, and.......well, it was good while it lasted.

I only have about 700 or so Noz 2nds in my gun cabinet....wish I had more.....

I mean, Sierra Trading Post prices have gone up a lot in the past year or so--simply less inventory of over runs and 2nds for them to buy, so they apparently can charge more.

Casey
Just another reason to prefer bullet casting.

A customer who has paid their money has a right to inquire about when merchandise will ship. Brownells will ship SAME DAY, MidSouth Shooters and Wideners also. Graf is sometimes fairly fast, but Nosler is only setup to Take Your Money. They got that part RIGHT Down... Getting your stuff out is not a concern to them...

I really don't appreciate some loser getting bitchy with me about what he expects will be coming until it happens. I sure don't want to hear all his BS reasons for why his company don't care enough to have people answering Customer Inquiries between 12 & 1pm or from 4:15 on.

I have bought a lot of Nosler bullets.

Will keep trying to pursue someone at Nosler that can tell me when bullets were shipped and also tell me why had to re-do my account.
Maybe they were hacked and all their data "taken"?
Who the hell knows for sure?
I ordered more than $2,000 worth of seconds from them several years ago, went to Barnes and sold off most of my Nosler inventory. I too discovered I no longer existed when I went back to their new unimproved site the other day. What a POS. I had the same experience as described, no email record, no explanation, and most bothersome, no inventory!!

I'm definitely done with Nosler.
They are definitely having a hard time keeping up with the demand for their bullets. Having a major explosion take out part of the facility a while back didn't help....
We have shot nosler seconds for 15 years or so, used to be able to buy them in town. I havent had issue with SPS but I havent ordered from them for a year or so. They have definatly become more popular and sell out quickly, I usually try to stop in when I pass thru bend, and I think their low inventory online is true, most times they dont have what I need on the shelves.

They are located right next door to nosler, but I was under the impression that it was a separate business. I dont think I would blame bad or spotty service from SPS on nosler, but maybe I'm wrong and nosler owns them?
Originally Posted by hogan

Well, me, for one.

From the rest of your post, I'll assume that you're not going to buy from them any more? Good news for me; I have a better chance of picking up more of what I need. laugh
If I pay full price I expect part of that price is the cost of top notch customer service. When I get a substantial discount I'll suffer through a hiccup or two. I'm sure Midway will send a tracking number and have a happy person on the end of the line that is having a great day. I order from both of these businesses and am satisfied with the level of service both offer at their respective price points.
Brian
I haven't ordered in about a year, but it was no big deal when I did. They may not have as fancy a site as others, but it works and got what I ordered in a reasonable time.
Don't buy a thing there for any reason, especially if you don't like their new site or the worse customer service on earth. More excellent priced great bullets for the rest of us who can overlook that.

Bivwak was a cluster fu** and half on their part. Thanks to their total ineptness I got three brand new rifles for about 1/2 price. No wonder they shut it down so fast smile

The huge price increase at ProShop for seconds a while back was an admitted total screwup on their part.

If you talk them is does seem like they may eat mushroom pizza for lunch smile

Ned

@hogan - dude slow down, real issues are out there to deal with.

Hogan, I read your entire post, and while I certainly dont mind someone expressing their disappointment with any company, your post reeked of someone having an axe to grind, especially the last part.....

"That is a sure recipe for ruining a company. But such is the American Way".

Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I got a few - and left a few since the site now shows inventory of any particular item. Why worry about lost accounts; it ain't like they give frequent flier miles or anything and only what, 50 seconds to fill in the blanks? Reduction in shipping costs was a nice touch.
If they ever have 6mm 95 grain BT's I'm buying a thousand...
I agree I just ordered some bullets and I gave them a piece of my mind what a crappy ordering system they had changed to after I reset my account that was not as big a deal as pain in the rear process to get my order placed.
Yep just ordered a bunch of .224 55 gr SPs & NBTs, .243 90 gr NBTs, .243 Win brass, and noticed that they have 257 Bee brass reduced way down...

I did notice that, while I ordered Tuesday they've yet to change the order status from "processing" to "shipped" or even "processed," but whatever.

As others pointed out, if you like the deals you can take the inconveniences. If you like paying full price plus a lot in shipping, MidwayUSA & Natchez are always there waiting for you...
lol, click on the product icon and you can choose your product amount. they most certainly do send a confirm email. my advice...never order from them.

@hogan... if you have ever seen dealer pricing from Brownells you will see just much they are screwing u, and you can rant about them.
Over the last few years, I've bought several thousand .30 cal 155 CC's and lots of their Partitions and Accubonds and have been very pleased. For a short time they jacked their prices way up but I guess the backlash was so severe they came back down to a reasonable level w/in a few days or so if I remember right.

As long as their prices are reasonable they'll get more of my money.

I think the new website addresses the "dumping" of previous accounts but if I got through the process before I can do it again.

If you don't buy 'em that means there are more for me.
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Well, me, for one.

From the rest of your post, I'll assume that you're not going to buy from them any more? Good news for me; I have a better chance of picking up more of what I need. laugh

Originally Posted by prm
got what I ordered in a reasonable time.

+1 I typically get my order in less than 7 days, usually about 5.
I will bitch one more time...

Ordered 6 packets of bullets, 50 to plastic envelope, right?

I requested SMALL flat rate box shipping. The bullets easily would've fit in the small $5 box. But they sent the pkg in Med Flat Rate at cost of $12 and Did Not Insure the pkg...

Cannot recall Any Vendor failing to insure, charge for insurance, on a purchase I made... But Nosler didn't insure. Nosler didn't give me the option to buy insurance. Nosler did buy Delivery Confirmation, but What The Heck! Is Everything FUBAR with them?

Most of you boys are just Nosler Love-Slaves; I know that... Bow down to the holy partition bullet and worship the accubond!

But the whole experience just shouts out how inept the company is and how little they care about their online customer and responding to buyers who've already Paid Money.

There are online sites that have lower prices than you can believe, but there is no human interaction or way to inquire/trace an order.

The whole Gun Business on the whole is a can of worms these days and all these schmucks will promise you anything to get your money but you are on your own after that.

I am sick and tired of the BS and even Fraud that goes on. This forum is one of the best, but many others are just a means to shill product and make sales for the vendors who pay to be on-site and donate product to the site.

Nosler has a class reputation and it is a shame the owners don't understand that failures like this are a Big Negative and Denigrate Reputation.

Pretty hard to prove "bullet failure"...
Very easy for Customer to feel abused and disregarded and decide he can do without the stuff
One more thing,

Years ago I bought some 250gr Partitions from a guy on this or the LRH forum. The guy shipped them Flat rate and they were put in the box with some packing worms, but not sealed very well.

The box got lost in transit, by the time it arrived, the guy had given me a refund via Paypal already. I paid about $90 for 150 bullets. The bullets rattled around and broke the boxes and made a hole in the box. I refused delivery and the guy got however many of his bullets back that survived the poor packing job, but...

Just saying, Nosler didn't pack their box much better, the poly bags were sealed rather than ziploc bagged, but packed securely in the small FR box, the bullets are better suited to delivery.

Nosler just does things its own way; and by damn, that is good enough for you if you want a deal on their bullets. It had better be good enough for you, cause that's as good as it's gonna get!
Don't order from them anymore - end of your problem, leaves more for me laugh

PS All of this extra stuff - multiple size boxes, tracking numbers, insurance, costs more. I would rather have cheaper bullets. We have become really spoiled by all the instant this and instant that now a days. In the old days we would send a money order and wait for weeks to see if the package would arrive. The insurance on 4 bags of bullets would probably increase the cost by 10 - 15% not worth it. If I was ordering 1000's of $ worth of bullets at a time I would probably want insurance but for a few bags, I would rather have the savings in bullets. The flat rate box is a relatively new thing and I really appreciate it. In the past I would have had to pay $15 - $20 for shipping on a typical order.
I have bought from the Pro shop numerous time, however I have never ordered from them. I grew up about 45min from their factory and my parents still live there. I would just stop in at the shop whenever I was in the area.
Ned

When I placed my order you could not specify the amount. I just checked the site after reading your post and found that it had changed and a new window opened up and you could specify the amount. Looks like they are still working on the site. Good thing.
Just got an order in today 6.5 X 140 Gr NBT. They now had flat rate shipping to AK $12 about time since it costs the same anywhere in the US. You could do it before but you had to specify it in special mailing instructions.

My only complaint is they need a more secure label on plastic bags. I hope the popularity fades and they can keep more in stock for Me, been buying seconds since about 1978 When I lived in Madras OR.
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Don't order from them anymore - end of your problem, leaves more for me laugh

PS All of this extra stuff - multiple size boxes, tracking numbers, insurance, costs more. I would rather have cheaper bullets. We have become really spoiled by all the instant this and instant that now a days. In the old days we would send a money order and wait for weeks to see if the package would arrive. The insurance on 4 bags of bullets would probably increase the cost by 10 - 15% not worth it. If I was ordering 1000's of $ worth of bullets at a time I would probably want insurance but for a few bags, I would rather have the savings in bullets. The flat rate box is a relatively new thing and I really appreciate it. In the past I would have had to pay $15 - $20 for shipping on a typical order.

I just buy new from Midway or Graf's. Always get what you want and pay for.

The people who want to spend the least amount of money demand the most schit.
Those who cater to them rarely have their schit together for that type of clientele....or even close.

Hogan, you're worse than a woman buying a dress.

I buy nothing but 2nds for what now? Since Dillon started selling them in 90.

I love them and find it great that people like you hate to deal with Nosler. Just more for the Nosler lovers.

Something tells me it won't be just "one more time"...

But they sent the pkg in Med Flat Rate at cost of $12 and Did Not Insure the pkg...

Pretty obvious when you sign in to their site, that it is now a FLAT RATE SHIPPING FOR $12. Nice big letters across the screen. $12 for whatever size order you place. Guys used to bitch they charged too much on larger orders, now it's cheaper for most orders.

I'm curious.... as upset as you were earlier, why did you place this latest order, if you just knew how terrible the place was?
Very easy for Customer seller to feel abused and disregarded and decide he can do without the stuff sale

I'm betting lots of guys on here are thinking this about dealing with you, if they have stuff for sale here on the classifieds.

I know I'd sure think twice before sending you something, then having you refuse delivery, flame me nonstop, and carry on the way you do. crazy

I requested SMALL flat rate box shipping. The bullets easily would've fit in the small $5 box. But they sent the pkg in Med Flat Rate at cost of $12 and Did Not Insure the pkg...

Cannot recall Any Vendor failing to insure, charge for insurance, on a purchase I made... But Nosler didn't insure. Nosler didn't give me the option to buy insurance. Nosler did buy Delivery Confirmation, but What The Heck! Is Everything FUBAR with them?

Most of you boys are just Nosler Love-Slaves; I know that... Bow down to the holy partition bullet and worship the accubond!

But the whole experience just shouts out how inept the company is and how little they care about their online customer and responding to buyers who've already Paid Money.

There are online sites that have lower prices than you can believe, but there is no human interaction or way to inquire/trace an order.

The whole Gun Business on the whole is a can of worms these days and all these schmucks will promise you anything to get your money but you are on your own after that.

I am sick and tired of the BS and even Fraud that goes on. This forum is one of the best, but many others are just a means to shill product and make sales for the vendors who pay to be on-site and donate product to the site.

Nosler has a class reputation and it is a shame the owners don't understand that failures like this are a Big Negative and Denigrate Reputation.

Pretty hard to prove "bullet failure"...
Very easy for Customer to feel abused and disregarded and decide he can do without the stuff

Put your husband on, this is guy talk.
They do take orders over the phone.......
Sticks N Stones boys...

I have ordered from MidSouth and gotten a Redding Die set sent out in Small Flat Rate Box and charged Actual Shipping Costs.

Can't see the point? Yeah, KK, the labels are too crummy to stay on the pkgs. Had 2 out of the 6pkgs that the labels came off in the box. One thing, they probably spent $2 on the packing styrene.

One other thing, Nosler is So NOT Web-Savvy that they use a postage meter and tack-on Delivery Confirmation. Shows that they are too ignorant to use USPS website which provides Delivery Confirmation FREE. ETA... And using USPS.com also saves 15% on postage costs; Nosler can't be bothered with that evidently.

Does Nosler care about their customers? Not from what they showed me.

They must get TONS of irate callers. Why else would "Gary" jump the gun and accuse me of "negativity" before I made even one comment or asked "Why don't you have anyone available from 12-1pm to take customer calls about their purchases?

The real question is, WHY does Nosler allow a character like "Gary" to answer the phone and play passive/agressive games with their customers?

Customers are what makes business work. If Nosler cared more about hiring employees who understood this, they might have a functional website and buy the products they've said they were going to stock for the last 2yrs...
I bet the shooters pro shop accounts for less than one percent of noslers business and they use it as more of an outlet than a profit center in hope that customers appreciate the reduced cost of goods and accept it for what it is.If it doesnt meet your standards then just move on to another retailer as there are plenty out there as you state that do it better than nosler

gene
Just to echo Gene, you're dealing with shootersproshop not Nosler per se... that is, you're buying through a discount clearinghouse for Nosler's seconds.

I get irritated by what I perceive as poor service, too, but I just take my business elsewhere.

My experience w/ shootersproshop is only 2 orders deep, but both have been fine experiences. Not outstanding nor poor, just fine. I get the price I want knowing that I won't get the tracking and amenities that MidwayUSA et al charge me for.

Let your money reflect your thoughts on the subject. Sounds like you're outnumbered here, though, and if you're a true curmugeon like me, that won't bother you either.
I've been buying from Shooters Pro Shop for at least 6 years.

Great people, great service.

My latest order was 1,250 qty .277/150 Partition's...
[Linked Image]
...the labels are too crummy to stay on the pkgs...

One other thing, Nosler is So NOT Web-Savvy....

Shows that they are too ignorant...

....Nosler can't be bothered...

Does Nosler care about their customers? Not from what they showed me.

Yadda yadda yadda....

Told ya.... whistle laugh

LMAO!

I like Nosler's Pro Shop.

They've treated me well.

Travis
Pretty obvious when you sign in to their site, that it is now a FLAT RATE SHIPPING FOR $12. Nice big letters across the screen. $12 for whatever size order you place.

Oh, I don't know about that... wink
[Linked Image]
I watch their site closely for the 2nds, I got the 175, 7mm PTs for $14.95 last year, plus shipping. Pretty good price besides no state sales tax, which covers at least half of the shipping cost for me.
What is interesting is that Nosler Pro Shop is showing discounts on 1st quality bullets they're calling "overstocks"...

It is one thing to undercut your dealers by offering "factory 2nds", but now undercutting their prices by selling "overstocks" for less on your own website?

FYI: The shipping label on the box clearly was Nosler Inc, not Shooter's Pro Shop.

I think if I was a stocking dealer, I would take issue with Nosler for undercutting me. Maybe wouldn't order so deep an inventory? Might be a headsup for you boys, do you some good in the $$ dept... Watch for overstocks that will save you money.

Still find it REMARKABLE that they ship customer mdse w/o insurance.

Still find it REMARKABLE that they employ personnel who are defensive as hell, BEFORE Customer voices even one complaint.

Still find it REMARKABLE that Nosler has the most inept website and customer service I've encountered. Even companies with 5 total employees do better than this...

Reading your comments is so much fun, I'm gonna order more whenever I can and come back to this forum and share my experiences. Who knows? Maybe John Nosler's great grandson reads this forum? He'd be right at home with all the other kiddies...
One other thing... (you knew it was coming!)

I was halfway amazed that I actually received the mdse I ordered. When I clicked on the bullets listing and clicked 5 more times to buy a total of 6 packets, the bullet shown was completely different weight from the one I clicked on.

Ineptitude. If you have a webpage for selling, make sure everything correlates and matches description for what customer clicks on to order.

Seems pretty straightforward, don't it?
Must be rocket science to Nosler, or maybe that great grandson is just learning the wonders of HTML and web design?
So you have a 100% positive customer satisfaction rate for the sales you've made here, right?

I haven't had any issues when ordering there. My last order was delivered before the charge cleared on my debit card. I just can't complain with that kind of service.

One more thing,

One other thing

The real question is, WHY

Still find it REMARKABLE
...right at home with all the other kiddies...

One other thing... (you knew it was coming!)
Ineptitude.
Seems pretty straightforward, don't it?
Must be rocket science

Apparently the real question... the rocket science if you will... is counting to one... ineptitude... seems pretty straightforward, don't it?

And still you are going to order from them.

Pour on the midol dude... you're worse than my teenagers.

I am glad to hear about all you unsatisfied customers all the more for me.
Just ordered 200 bullets from SPS and was pleased with the whole experience. The bullets were shipped in heavy poly bags packed in a sturdy cardboard box with heavy brown paper for packing material. Delivery was UPS in a few days. Moreover, the prices were quite acceptable. No problems, no complaints.

Here, too. No problems, came fast.
Some people complain when they have to wake up every morning....
Maybe we need an Occupy Nosler thread...
I just bought 900 bullets, 8 bags of 22 and 2 bags of 6.5. Ordered over the weekend and received them on Thursday. Well packed and banded in a cardboard box. I am very happy with their products and my only complaint is I don't have another few hundred dollars to spend with them.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Over and over and over....

But "just once"... laugh
[Linked Image]
Me thinks that hogan needs this

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
[Linked Image]

and this

Attached picture tampons.jpg

We need more posts criticizing Shooters Pro Shop--that way it'll be like the good 'ol days with lots of inventory......

Casey
Glad to hear that others have issues with Shooters Pro Shop. Reminded me to order some more components from them. I have always had excellent service and full satisfaction from them.

They must get TONS of irate callers. [/quote)

Irate...the shortened term of the word irrational.
Irrational... a lack of ration or reasonableness. Not able to make a reasonable or rational decision.

Don't think I care to classify myself personally as one of these fellas born with a lack of ration thereof but if your trying to get the point across that you are irate, well, POINT TAKEN!
Everytime I see this post, I open up a new tab and check out SPS web site to see if they've got any new bullets in stock...
http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/index.php
© 24hourcampfire