Home
This bullet appears to be using the Nosler E-tip bullet. with grooves in the bullet shank for "improved accuracy". Hmmm,wonder what nosler thinks of Federal improving their bullet,and I wonder how long it will take for the improved e-tips to be available as a component bullet to reloaders. It will be interesting to see how Nosler markets these,or maybe they dont come out with them at all. Any thoughts?
If it is copper, it is not anything but a Barnes as it is the only copper tipped bullet made, the TTSX.

All the other Barnes knock offs are made from gilding metal.

"Federal Premium's Trophy� line has proven itself on paper and in the field. Our newest extension, Trophy� Copper is an all-copper, polymer tipped bullet that's available in a variety of popular big game calibers. Trophy Copper is extremely accurate and provides devastating downrange performance, achieving up to 99% weight retention-even after the deepest and most aggressive penetration."

See:
http://www.federalpremium.com/hunters_education/bullet_details.aspx

The only monometal bullets listed are Barnes.
Posted By: prm Re: Federal Premium Trophy Copper - 03/26/12
Given the green tip and the fact that it is offered in a 200gn .338 cal bullet with the same BC as a 200 E-Tip I think it's a safe bet they are e-Tips and not Barnes. Barnes doesn't even have a 200gn .338cal bullet. I think the copper alloy vs. all copper is semantics, albeit somewhat incorrect if it is an fact gilding metal. Or, maybe they have Nosler making them in a true all-copper. I don't think Nosler is too concerned about how Federal is marketing it as I'm sure Nosler is making it for them and is happy to see them sell well.
Posted By: prm Re: Federal Premium Trophy Copper - 03/26/12
FYI, This is from an early Federal release note: Note they referred to it as a copper-alloy design.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2011/12/27/federal-vital-shok-trophy-copper-ammo/

"VITAL�SHOK� TROPHY� COPPER

TROPHY COPPER is a new copper bullet from Federal Premium� with devastating downrange performance. Available in the most popular calibers, these rifle rounds feature a tipped bullet cavity for consistent expansion across a broad range of velocities, grooved bullet shank for increased accuracy across a wider range of firearms and a copper-alloy design that achieves up to 99% weight retention�even after the deepest and most aggressive penetration. Nickel-plated case prevents corrosion and aids in easier, faster extraction from the chamber."
Well then, calling it "Trophy Copper" is incorrect. Should be called "Trophy Gilding Metal". chuckle.

All the monometal bullets are great even Lapua has one out now, a pretty silver color.
© 24hourcampfire