Home
FYI.......................

From Nosler!

The 6mm 90 gr. AccuBond bullets are here! We appreciate your patience, they are currently being shipped.
.17 cal. Varmageddon bullets are also being shipped.
The 6mm AB�s are shipping in our new packaging which we will be using for all bullets once we exhaust our supply of the older boxes.
Just can't get excited about this; don't understand what they'll offer over what is already available (chiefly 90 & 95 gr NBTs) 'cept cost?
Through and through penetration?

Jeff
Sounds like a great bullet. I am stuck on 85 gr flat base Sierras for my uses.
I'm waiting for shooters pro shop to have a run on 95 grain NBT's. Might have to buy a couple thousand...
Originally Posted by efw
Just can't get excited about this; don't understand what they'll offer over what is already available (chiefly 90 & 95 gr NBTs) 'cept cost?

My thoughts exactly, I can't imagine anything they can do that a 95gr. BST can't.

I kinda feel the same way about the .257 110gr. Accubond and 115gr. BST.
Rapid expansion vs controlled expansion is the selling point. I believe.
I doubt a 90gr. AB will/can penetrate significantly deeper than a 95gr. BST.
If'n they'd shoot in my 6/06 I could see giving them a go. But, I carry the rig in elk country a lot so that'd be my main reason. Aside from elk I see it as a want but certainly not a need.

To date, we've not been able to keep a 70 NBT or 95 NBT in game of any size out of our 6/06's.

Dober
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Through and through penetration?

Jeff

For the coyotes & deer most go after w/ a 6mm? Seems like the long way around the barn for animals that are so easy to kill...
I'm thinking it might make a dandy 6X45 round...?
How great would it be if this post was titled:

6mm 105 Ballistic Tips are in!!!!!!!

I also concur..... I have no idea what a 90 grain Accubond will do..... that a 90-95 Ballistic Tip won't do. I've never had an animal catch an NBT out of a .243..... why would I pay twice as much do for the SuckuBond?
The 95 gr. Ballistic Tips seem perfect to me on deer and small hogs with any reasonable hit. But try the Abonds and tell us about it.
Hope they don't drop the 90 or 95nbt to help accubond sales...
FYI....

Originally Posted by "6mm Remington"
I used three loads that were shot in each rifle and chronographed just prior to the test. The loads were the exact same for each rifle with only the rifles being changed, not loads to get a better comparison and to see the effects of different chambers and barrel lengths. The rifles are as follows:
Remington Model 600 - 6mm Remington - 18.5 " barrel

Ruger MKII - 6mm Remington - 22" barrel

Ruger #1B - 6mm Remington - 26" barrel

Tests were done at 25 yards. I must say that Nosler's rule the roost! These are some awesome bullets. The one E-tip that broke a couple petals off smacked the board I had the jugs sitting on which was placed on the ground. They all performed very well. On the sheets when I say almost out, that means the bullet almost exited the jug it was last in, 5 and almost out for example. Saying it cut #5 for example means it almost got into number 5 and cut the jug and just about got in.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd love to see how the 95 NBT would have done in those same tests, for comparison purposes.
Cause they are trying to compete with the best 6mm hunting bullets available....The Barnes 80 gn TTSX and the 85 gr. TSX
I'm impressed with the E-tip results. I bought some from SPS a year or two ago, and never loaded them in my .243 Encore. Looks like they might be a good choice.
Originally Posted by KenMi
Cause they are trying to compete with the best 6mm hunting bullets available....

If they were really doing that, they'd build a 105 NBT.
I believe Nosler is planning to phase out all Ballistic Tips.... Just like they did with the .30 cal +. Pretty funny when a company that used to be a market leader..... can't figure out who best to copy....
That just means I need to buy 1k of the 95 BT's then. That is one tough little pill. Deer around these parts have a lethal allergy to them.

Man I would sure love to try a 105 BT though....accuracy of an A-max with the on game performance of a BT. Good stuff.
If Shooters Pro Shop ever has the 95 NBT seconds again I know I'll be stocking up also.
Ask and ye shall receive! SPS has 95 grain NBT seconds in stock. Minus a few bags now...
Shooters Pro Shop has (yesterday anyway) 90 gr. AccuBond blemished bullets for sale.
They had about 150 bags of 90 grain Succubond 'seconds' at the SPS the same day Midway started shipping the first boxes of 90 grainers. Leave it to Nosler to sell 7500 screw-ups to the public.... before guys get the real thing.
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
They had about 150 bags of 90 grain Succubond 'seconds' at the SPS the same day Midway started shipping the first boxes of 90 grainers. Leave it to Nosler to sell 7500 screw-ups to the public.... before guys get the real thing.

Could it be that you feel this way because you were banned from the Nosler forum for constant arguing after being asked repeated times to lighten up? That couldn't have anything to do with it wink It's too bad, you did have some good things to say at times.
Haven't said anything here I didn't say there....... be cautious of places where speaking the truth will get you 'banned'.

Truth is hitting Nosler right in the pocket book now..... sad to see them grasping at straws.
Still didn't stop me from picking up a few bags of 95 NBT seconds...
Ditto
Accubonds are long bullets compared to bt's..105's might not stabilize in factory twist barrels. I bet the 90g AB is longer than a 95g BT.
No complaints with the 95gr BT. Plan on using them for antelope this year. If the Accubond were the same price I would probably try those.
Originally Posted by Horseman
Accubonds are long bullets compared to bt's..105's might not stabilize in factory twist barrels. I bet the 90g AB is longer than a 95g BT.

According to Nosler's info:

90 gr Accubond 1.110"
95 gr Ballistic Tip 1.115"

You are probably right a heavy jacketed 105 gr Accubond would be one long bullet, if they thin the jacket down to increase weight then the peformance wouldn't be any different than the 90 gr bullet.
gg thanks for looking up the specs. Guess I was wrong about length. I just loaded some 7mm 160 AB's this week and it was like seating half a pencil. Loooong. Maybe the jacket isn't proportionally as thick. Dunno. The 95 BT has been such a good performer I don't know why I'd try the new AB. I don't generally shoot 243 at stuff I need a bonded bullet for.
© 24hourcampfire