Home
I tried the Sharpie method today only to discover that the limiting factor is magazine length. The best I can do is 3.340".

Is this common with the Tikkas?

P
shoot a book load at mag COL and I'll bet you'll be surprised..
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Is this common with the Tikkas?

P

From all the ones I've messed with, YES! 300wsm, 270, 25-06, 308
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
shoot a book load at mag COL and I'll bet you'll be surprised..

How about 58 grains of Ramshot Hunter under a 180 gr. Partition sparked with a CCI200 primer in Remington brass?

P
Mag length is the limiting factor in my 300 win mag. I choose to use as a single shot and seat bullet 0.01" off lands. Groups well under MOA so I'm happy. Have yet to try accuracy load with bullet seated to mag length.
I shoot 58gr of Hunter under 180gr Deep Shocks with Federal brass and Federal large rifle mag primers for sub moa groups from 3 different .30-06s I use. By the way, seated to the cannalure. Damn good load.
George
I was shooting 180 Horn interlocks into 1/2-3/4 groups from a T with a good dose of 4350. Plain simple load that shot lights out!
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Mag length is the limiting factor in my 300 win mag. I choose to use as a single shot and seat bullet 0.01" off lands. Groups well under MOA so I'm happy. Have yet to try accuracy load with bullet seated to mag length.

What a waste! Expensive single sho don't you think?
Tikkas Shoot ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE with any bullet jump. Just look at what mine does at 300 yds with a .240" jump mandated by clip length. OH....the misery!!!!
[Linked Image]
In my tikka 30-06 the best load is
federal brass
56 grains RL17
CCi 200
Hornady 180 Flatbase
2775 fps
© 24hourcampfire