Home
Posted By: RUB_A_CHUB Reloading bench plans - 10/05/12
I recently moved to a newer house and I am planning on turning a small space into my reloading room. I had a homemade reloading bench in the past but I had to leave it behind, along with all of my reloading equipment, due to a move. I was wondering if anyone has plans with measurements and materials for a sturdy bench? I am also looking into getting started again with a new bench and equipment. Is a package deal with RCBS a good deal or should I try to piece together a set through the forums?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: WoodsyAl Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/05/12
Here are the plans I used which were developed for the National Reloading Manufacturers Association:

http://www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com/downloads/bench_plans.pdf

The result has worked very well for me over the last 14 years. It may be too much or too big for your space, but I can promise it is sufficiently sturdy. If the time comes to move it, you can unbolt the major sections. I built it in my garage and then moved the pieces to the basement for assembly.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/05/12
+1 to above! Mine has worked great, very sturdy!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/05/12
What ever you build, you might want one of these close by....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUB_A_CHUB Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/08/12
Thanks for the detailed instructions. Looks great.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/08/12
If you like to build you can wrap a lot of time up in a good bench. If you like reloading, hunting and shooting I'd save some time and go with one of these they have them at Lowe's.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/08/12
I would suggest a thin plastic laminate hardboard installed over the plywood top so it's easy to replace. The smooth surface is easier to clean and is cheap and easy to replace when it gets ugly.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Reloading bench plans - 10/08/12
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I would suggest a thin plastic laminate hardboard installed over the plywood top so it's easy to replace. The smooth surface is easier to clean and is cheap and easy to replace when it gets ugly.

That's a good suggestion you can pick up remnant laminate pretty cheap and it takes minutes to put it down.
© 24hourcampfire