Home
Posted By: Gasman Error in Nosler #7 - 12/06/12
I hope this hasn't already been discussed here, but I discovered a pretty big error in Nosler #7. While perusing the load data for the 300 WSM, I noticed that 150/155 grain loads listed are actually those for the 308 Win. In other words, pages 423 (308) and 458 (300 WSM) are identical, right down to the powders, charges, and velocities.

I wonder what other mistakes weren't caught by the proofreader?

Posted By: Bater Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/06/12
good thing it wasn't other way around....the powder falling out of the 08 would probably give it away though
Posted By: claybreaker Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/06/12
Have you contacted Nosler on this so they can 1)correct it for the next printing, 2)get the word out ?

Who knows you may be the first to have noticed.

Be Safe,
Posted By: Gasman Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/07/12
Yes, and they've replied with an attached copy of the corrected 300 WSM page. That doesn't help correct all of the copies of Nosler #7 floating around out there, though.
Posted By: claybreaker Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/07/12
Originally Posted by Gasman
Yes, and they've replied with an attached copy of the corrected 300 WSM page. That doesn't help correct all of the copies of Nosler #7 floating around out there, though.

Thanks, Well now you know that they are aware of the issue, and what they do now is up to them.

Good shooting,
Merry CHRISTmas,
Posted By: RDW Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/07/12
Awww hell, wait until Stick hears about this smile
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/07/12
It s always wise to have more than one reloading guide, just to check information. I have several Nosler guides.
Posted By: kman Re: Error in Nosler #7 - 12/08/12
My book says 3315fps with n550 for the 300 wsm and 150gr bullets.
© 24hourcampfire