Home
What is that rule again? Spread triangle means I need to seat deeper? Somebody help me out.
Not a rule, but usually a triangle is what I want in a group. Two close together and one off by itself "can" mean that you need to seat deeper.
So the spread triangle means seating out farther.
I usually start at the length my magazine or chamber will allow and go deeper until I find the best accuracy.
In the words of AussieGunwriter,

"Large Triangle, seat out to increase OAL
2 together and the 3rd away from the group, shorten OAL"
john
_
[Linked Image]
For this rifle, seating deeper took care of the 2 in 1 out.
Thanks for clarifying, guys. I'm only recently hearing this little gem. I have 2 that I haven't played much with that will be getting the fix now.
I have it posted over the bench. Triangles, seat out further, two holes touching, 1 flier, seat deeper ,14/ turn off seating stem at a time.

Don't know if it works or not.

Originally Posted by saddlesore
I have it posted over the bench. Triangles, seat out further, two holes touching, 1 flier, seat deeper ,14/ turn off seating stem at a time.

Don't know if it works or not.

I have the same thing over mine. I've tried it several times and at least for me, it has worked most of the time.
TAG for later!

I don't fugg with small sub-MOA triangles myself! smirk
First time I read this idea , I thought LMAO but I gave it e try , now I'm not saying it will work every time with every rifle/load but it damn sure will a lot of the time, now finding the best nod , in COAL may very by ????
This thread is a week old but I thought I'd share. I have a 308 win. that has been shooting sub MOA with the 125 B-tip but I haven't been able to get it much under 1.5 MOA with a 130 TTSX that I wanted to use. It was the 2 close and one out as described in this thread. It has been shooting best at 2.780 OAL but after reading this I turned the seating stem down a turn and loaded three rounds at 2.725 OAL. Got a nice .9 group! I had only loaded 3 rounds so I came home and loaded 3 more then went behind the house to try and duplicate the results. Bingo! .85 MOA. So it does seem to work at times.

Tag
For Reference
Tag
Disregard
tag
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
What is that rule again? Spread triangle means I need to seat deeper? Somebody help me out.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on..................(hint)
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Kiss,find pressure and rock on..................(hint)

That's a good place to start, but no all rifle/bullet combinations like it the best.
I only have a coupla hundred to reflect upon,but dig your keen "insight".

Laffin'!..............

Laffin'!..............

Once again, where you end is where others start. There's alot more to the game then you realize.
What's a guy due if a circle appears
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Laffin'!..............

Once again, where you end is where others start. There's alot more to the game then you realize.

I'll feign my "surprise",you very quickly aborted ALL things The Rifle and went right to Whining instead.

VERY good call,to stick with what you know best and your Whine is in fairness,rather spectacular...............

© 24hourcampfire