Home
Posted By: powdr Storing bullets? - 08/29/14
I have about 300 bullets in sandwich bags. I'm looking for ideas on small boxes to put them in. Need at least 4-5 different containers. powdr
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Storing bullets? - 08/29/14
What size bullets?
Gerber baby food plastic boxes should work well in a pinch for the smaller sized ones. I doubt you can fit a lot of .35cal 220grainers in one though
Posted By: powdr Re: Storing bullets? - 08/29/14
Thanks Spong...that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. powdr
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Storing bullets? - 08/29/14
I like plastic screw-lid containers (jars) which are commonly used for peanut butter mayo and other things when storing quantities of cast (or jacketed) bullets. )There's nothing like looking at a 64 oz mayo jar full of cast bullets to give one some comfort in "adequacy".
Posted By: imgoofy Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
You can buy the cheap plastic containers with lids in the grocery store for storing food. They are usually found where the ziplock bags are shelved.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
Originally Posted by imgoofy
You can buy the cheap plastic containers with lids in the grocery store for storing food. They are usually found where the ziplock bags are shelved.

Glad ware is great for the gun room. Get one of their variety packs and take it to the gun room. I don't like mixing bullet lube with my sketti.
Posted By: beefan Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
Bad for the bullet lube?
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
I buy sammich meat that comes in cheap plastic containers. They go in the dish washer to get cleaned up then to the gun room to start their second life. Buy the clear ones so you can see the contents.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
I eat a lot of oatmeal, which generates a lot of those round cardboard containers. I cut them off about 2" up from the bottom using either a chop saw or a table saw, blow the dust out, and stick the original plastic lid back on. (A sharp knife would work too, but for it to work they have to be cut off straight.) I stack cast bullets in them so as not to disturb their lube, or just dump in odd lots of orphaned jacketed bullets. Write the contents on the lid with a Sharpie. They work well for storing brass in their original size too. The neat thing is they are stackable- if neatness is a consideration.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
Plastic coffee "cans." Sturdy and ya gotta love the smell when you open one to load up some 160 NPTs.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
Originally Posted by beefan
Bad for the bullet lube?

Alox just tastes funny.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Storing bullets? - 08/30/14
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by beefan
Bad for the bullet lube?

Alox just tastes funny.

But it makes for a great deodorant, along with Hoppe's as an aftershave. grin
© 24hourcampfire