Home
Is there a trick to getting a lot of powder
in a case without a drop tube?

jr1968.
Pour it in so it swirls around the powder funnel so it enters the case spinning. Then take the case with your finger over it and thump it against the table a few times...that's the thing best I've done.
If the powder fits in the neck, you can put your finger over the end and buzz the case against the side of a vibratory cleaner.
I use an old electric tooth brush. Settles the powder right fast.
Get that bullet shaped thing out of your wife/girlfriends bedside table, turn it on, and touch it to the case with your finger over the case mouth.
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Get that bullet shaped thing out of your wife/girlfriends bedside table, turn it on, and touch it to the case with your finger over the case mouth.

She don't have one. But great idea.
Huh, I never knew my wife reloaded.... why else would she need that powder settler???

whistle
Sale at good vibrations. Reloader special, bullet shaped vibrater( powder settler) .
I get drop tube like results by just holding the powder tray about 3" over the funnel and slowly pouring the charge.
Why would you not use a powder funnel drop tube,
when a drop tube can be had for only about 12 bucks?
Originally Posted by Pittu
Huh, I never knew my wife reloaded.... why else would she need that powder settler???
whistle

You really don't want an answer to that question

I do it like compacting soil - pour power in "lifts" and compact each lift. I tap case gently and repeatedly against my bench after each lift. Use 3-4 lifts depending on case length and powder volume.
© 24hourcampfire