Home
Posted By: pseshooter300 what neck turning tool - 07/04/15
Someone recommend a neck turning tool to use? And where in the process of reloading do you do this? Before or after you size?
I watched some videos on one from a company called 21st century anyone used them
this should be all you'll need

Sinclair 1000

[Linked Image]
http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadi...eck-turning-tool-prod36849.aspx?psize=96

AND DRIVER & CASEHOLDERS

[Linked Image]
http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadi...iver-caseholders-prod33962.aspx?psize=96

then get yourself a powered screwdriver and your all set!
OH you may also want a few feeler gauges to set the neck wall thickness for the cutter.
Well let me ask a question. Do you guys just shave a small amount off to make it even. Just slowly adjust the cutter till it starts cutting?
Every batch of new brass gets checked with an RCBS case mic (just so I know where the shoulder is compared to where it will end up) then shave the necks to get consistent wall thickness. If you had a custom or tight chamber you might have to fit the brass to the chamber but for my factory rifles the neck turning just cleans the walls up and gives me better brass to load from that point on!

Sometimes I fire form first, them turn and sometimes I turn while they're virgin!
Consistent neck tension and small runout are always good things no matter what type of rifle you feed em to!
Posted By: mathman Re: what neck turning too - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
I watched some videos on one from a company called 21st century anyone used them

It's an excellent tool.
Posted By: obie458 Re: what neck turning too - 07/06/15
I wish I saw this post yesterday. I just ordered a Forster Hand Held Outside Neck Turner yesterday. Anyone have experience with that tool?
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: what neck turning too - 07/06/15
Originally Posted by obie458
I wish I saw this post yesterday. I just ordered a Forster Hand Held Outside Neck Turner yesterday. Anyone have experience with that tool?

I have one and it works just fine. I use it with a Lee lock stud and shell holder with a battery powered hand drill.
Posted By: powdr Re: what neck turning too - 07/08/15
+1 on the Forster
Posted By: gzig5 Re: what neck turning too - 07/08/15
I use one of my lathes. Does a perfect job, quickly and can be used for a lot more than trimming case necks. Your chamber should determine how much needs to come off. I prefer to remove the least amount I can while cleaning it up at least 80% around. Always done before sizing.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: what neck turning too - 07/08/15
I use K&M which does what it's intended to do. Like most things in life, go slow and don't over do it.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: what neck turning too - 07/08/15
I use my forster trimmer

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire