Home
Posted By: Kenneth 7 wsm brass. - 09/03/15
As rare as snow in Florida?

Who's got some?
Posted By: MichiganScott Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/03/15
I doubt Winchester has made any in a number of years.

As much as I dislike Federal brass, I bought 20 boxes Federal 150gr Vital-Shok on closeout dirt cheap a few years ago. I figure I can use them for practice and probably get a least a couple of loadings before the primer pockets stretch out on me. It'll beat jamming bullets into the lands to fire form resized 300 WSM cases.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/03/15
There is some on gunbroker but be prepared to pay for it. One fellow is auctioning a single bag of 50 new Winchester cases. Starting bid was $75.00, current bid is $94.50 with one day left to go.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/03/15
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
There is some on gunbroker but be prepared to pay for it. One fellow is auctioning a single bag of 50 new Winchester cases. Starting bid was $75.00, current bid is $94.50 with one day left to go.

Been watching it.
Posted By: RDW Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/03/15
I bought some Norma 300WSM brass and necked it down. The Norma on GB right now are 2.00/each but there are some other choices.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/03/15
Having a .300wsm in the house, I'd prefer to have the proper headstamps on any brass that similar.
Posted By: RDW Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/04/15
I understand, I was sick of split necks with win brass, I snagged Norma and necked sized. Watch GB, there are deals every week or two.
Posted By: duckslayer56 Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/04/15
I get a lot of split neck issues with federal brass, no issues so far with winchester. It would be nice if somebody would do a run or two just to get some new stuff out into the market for a while.
Posted By: TXRam Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/13/15
Originally Posted by duckslayer56
I get a lot of split neck issues with federal brass, no issues so far with winchester. It would be nice if somebody would do a run or two just to get some new stuff out into the market for a while.

In WSM's? I've had just the opposite experience. WW brass has split necks after as few as 2 firings. I bought a bunch of Fed factory ammo (probably ~20 boxes), and I have yet to have a single split neck with some having as many as 6 firings, and no loose primer pockets either.

Not the same experience that I've had with other chamberings.
Posted By: longunner Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/16/15
do you have any 264 win mag? ... I ve got some 7mm WSM brass I d trade you for the above
Posted By: Whiptail Re: 7 wsm brass. - 09/16/15
Originally Posted by RDW
I was sick of split necks with win brass

+1.
© 24hourcampfire