Home
Posted By: 8updeerhunter 300 blackout brass idea - 01/27/16
Hey guys, I am hoping to get a few comments on an idea i have here. I know 300blk can be made from 223 brass. I have access to some nice 7mm TCU brass. I mean enough of it to make it worth trying and worth the money. Question being why not buy it and make 300blk out of it? Its once fired brass but has been made from lake city military 5.56 brass. So in all essence, twice fired. It seems to me it would be easier to work than 223 or 5.56 brass and i can get probably 500rds of it for $20. Any thought on why it would work?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 300 blackout brass idea - 01/27/16

have two BLK's....AR & bolt.....

labor intensive........never formed the brass

just buy it from GCG brass for for $120/K shipped

1X LC ready to load
Posted By: mag410 Re: 300 blackout brass idea - 01/27/16
Sell the 7mm TCU brass, you can probably get more for it than it costs new 300 BO brass.

Black Gun sells new 300 BO brass $50/250

http://www.blackgunindustries.com/products/300-aac-black-out-unprimed-brass-250-pc-box

Michael
Yeah id think for $100-$120 per 1000 no way id jack with making it out of anything. Most of the brass i have found locally was almost as much as loaded ammunition. Guess i need to research other sources. Thanks for your replies and the links to new brass. I knew you guys would help me.
Posted By: Yondering Re: 300 blackout brass idea - 01/28/16
Originally Posted by 8updeerhunter
Guess i need to research other sources.

What is your percieved difficulty with just using 5.56 brass like everyone else?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 300 blackout brass idea - 01/28/16
got my 4K pcs while last fall while the getting was good (and cheap)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GCGBrass?ref=shopinfo_shophome_leftnav
Midway has new lake city 300 BO brass for $28/100. For that price I can't see recycling 223 brass unless you just enjoy doing it.
Posted By: Scott F Re: 300 blackout brass idea - 01/29/16
If you get the cut off saw and the jig from Amazon making 300 BO from 223 is easy. I can see no reason you could not do it with TCU. If you want send it to me and I will cut it off and send it back for the price of postage.
I have no perceived difficulties making the brass from 5.56/223. Thats the reason i was asking. I thought it may be easier to use the 7mm tcu since it was cheap and already cut down some. I have formed various brass from other parent cases. Recently it has been 35 whelen. Not that its the same as making 300 blackout as it requires nothing other than running it through dies. I was hoping that someone that has made some 300blk brass would tell me to use the 7mm tcu. I can get probably 500+ rds of it for $20. Anyway, ill let you guys know if i decide to try it. Thanks again.
© 24hourcampfire