Home
Posted By: jpretle Cheap Kimber Montana Rifles - 04/11/16
OK, why are there so many of these being sold at such low, ridiculous prices and near 'production rifle' prices??? Aren't they considered "custom" rifles?? Every seller claims they shoot 1/2' and there always seems to be a willing buyer.
What gives. Seems something is not right.
Please post evidence.
They're production rifles. I think they usually sell new for $12-1300 so they're more expensive than your average remington but they're nowhere near full custom prices.
Originally Posted by jpretle
OK, why are there so many of these being sold at such low, ridiculous prices and near 'production rifle' prices??? Aren't they considered "custom" rifles?? Every seller claims they shoot 1/2' and there always seems to be a willing buyer.

1/2'=6". That might explain it.
Please post ridiculous low priced Kimber's, I'll buy them. Thanks...
Posted By: Fotis Re: Cheap Kimber Montana Rifles - 04/12/16
They are not custom. They are factory rifles that cost way more than rifles like Tikka, savage and some others that actually shoot great on a general basis unlike them.
Originally Posted by Fotis
They are not custom. They are factory rifles that cost way more than rifles like Tikka, savage and some others that actually shoot great on a general basis unlike them.

But they aren't Kimbers by any stretch of imagination. If a person can be happy with a Plastikka or a Savage that's okay. Me, I'll keep my Montana.
There just seems to be a pretty fair amount of turn-over on used Kimbers. Seems $850 is pretty cheap for one of these rifles, even if lightly used and especially if it shoots. Do they all shoot????
There just seems to be a pretty fair amount of turn-over on used Kimbers. Seems $850 is pretty cheap for one of these rifles, even if lightly used and especially if it shoots. Do they all shoot????

I will say most do not how to shoot a light weight rifle. My co-worker bought one, he is a very good marksman, but was letting the thing free bore and couldn't get it to shoot. I told him "hold the for end and started printing 1/2"-3/4" groups.

not a slam, just they need a little different form. I'll pass on the RAR, and Tikka.

I never had a bad one nor shot one that wouldn't shoot. Granted, not a big sample by any means, but around 12 rifles or so - all Montana's.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Cheap Kimber Montana Rifles - 04/12/16
I'd love to find a Kimber Montana for "cheap".

Please list where you have found such an animal.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Cheap Kimber Montana Rifles - 04/12/16
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by Fotis

But they aren't Kimbers by any stretch of imagination. If a person can be happy with a Plastikka or a Savage that's okay. Me, I'll keep my Montana.

Tikka....Any day of the week and twice on Sunday
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I'd love to find a Kimber Montana for "cheap".

Please list where you have found such an animal.

$999.99 is the cheapest I've seen for new ones......Whittaker Guns now on all 2015 Montanas in stock.
Posted By: EdM Re: Cheap Kimber Montana Rifles - 04/12/16

Rubbish.
Not sure what Kimber prices have to do with reloading.
© 24hourcampfire