Home
I just bought a 300 RUM in a Remington 700 LSS, and to be honest mine main reason in the purchase was because it is a beautiful rifle and it came with a really nice optic, but anyway, i am in the process of ordering reloading equipment for it and was looking into the Hornady 9th edition reloading manual and it had data for 110gr V-Max!!!! has anyone done this or gave it a try?? i would love to smack a woodchuck with that BUT, i am afraid that bullet weight is to lite for that rifle. and would come apart in mid flight, any one out there has any advice/opinions on this.
Anxiously awaiting your results!
If Hornady has published a load for that bullet, it's not going to come apart in flight.
If yours is throated like the Remington I had, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of accuracy.
Originally Posted by Otter6
If yours is throated like the Remington I had, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of accuracy.

I don't think it would either. I haven't seen or heard of any plastic tipped bullets coming apart. There's only one way to find out smile
Experthunter017,

How far out would 3,000 feet per second be? My son-in-law uses them at 3,000 fps in his .308 at that velocity and gets full penetration on blacktail deer.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Experthunter017,

How far out would 3,000 feet per second be? My son-in-law uses them at 3,000 fps in his .308 at that velocity and gets full penetration on blacktail deer.

RM,

I think you're off by about a thousand FPS.

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't be surprised if he could get 4k out of them.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Experthunter017,

RM,

He is asking at what distance would the velocity have DROPPED to 3000 FPS.
Originally Posted by slm9s
Experthunter017,

RM,

Probably farther away than you could see a woodchuck. laugh
Originally Posted by slm9s
Experthunter017,

RM,

Correct.
Prompted me to pull out my Hornady book. Should be starting around 3900fps with 3000fps at about 250 yards. Might lose a little meat if you don't hit them in the right place.
© 24hourcampfire