Home
Posted By: Fotis NEW Nosler RDF Bullet Line - 10/21/16
http://www.nosler.com/blog/news-and...h-bc-reduced-drag-factor-rdf-bullet-line

FYI
I'm always glad to see new bullets being developed and released, but how about confirming the BCs *before* releasing this? Putting my credit card back in my wallet.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: NEW Nosler RDF Bullet Line - 10/21/16
I thought this was the section about Big Game Rifles? confused

Not that it isn't interesting but what does it have to do with "big game rifles"?

Doesn't this thread belong in the Competitive Shooting section? smile
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Not that it isn't interesting but what does it have to do with "big game rifles"?

There will be plenty who launch these at big game.

Then come on here and whine about it when they blow up at 150 yards.

Forum title doesn't dictate topics posted. Take "Ask the Gunwriters" for example...
Originally Posted by bellydeep

There will be plenty who launch these at big game.

Then come on here and whine about it when they blow up at 150 yards.

"Target" bullets used on game are supposed to blow up, no?
Posted By: BobinNH Re: NEW Nosler RDF Bullet Line - 10/22/16
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Forum title doesn't dictate topics posted. Take "Ask the Gunwriters" for example...

Yeah that's what I figured.....just thought I'd mention it. Nothing like subject anarchy to keep things moving along.

Just tired of match related stuff constantly worming into the hunting subjects.
I'm side'n with bob on this'n...

I believe Berger started the "lets use bullets meant for hole punching paper on game because its just because it is cool..... They just wanted part of the market share that hunting bullets where getting.

Match bullets are for paper and tiny groups. Nosler wants part of the current match bullet market craze. Nosler is adamant about proper bullet usage and hunting bullet market IS the Nosler bullet wheelhouse.

Btips, partitions are more accurate than most people think...
Originally Posted by boomwack
I'm side'n with bob on this'n...

I believe Berger started the "lets use bullets meant for hole punching paper on game because its just because it is cool..... They just wanted part of the market share that hunting bullets where getting.

Match bullets are for paper and tiny groups. Nosler wants part of the current match bullet market craze. Nosler is adamant about proper bullet usage and hunting bullet market IS the Nosler bullet wheelhouse.

Btips, partitions are more accurate than most people think...

Have some bad luck on game with Bergers?

John
I'd like to think people shoot more rounds through their BIG GAME rifles at targets etc than they do at game.

I didn't know it was a mortal sin to shoot match type bullets in BIG GAME rifles.

Amazing what twists chicks panties.
Nope, left the match bullets home when hunting big game.

Have had spectacular results on marmots, ground squirrels, crows and 'yotes with match grade hollow points cool

From what I have seen with match bullets fired into game first hand not from my rifles, but from different buds rifles is erratic expansion, such as instant blow-up very shallow wounds or delayed expansion in needling threw till the last few inches for a very dramatic exit... which could have just bullet tumble and not even expansion.

The deer, elk and one bear were all made dead with match type bullets is proof they work.... to an extent.

Yes, in big game or anything accurate shot placement is paramount...Consistent bullet terminal behavior is next when the quarry is not made of paper or metal.

You're right bob, keeps the threads going.
Posted By: Fotis Re: NEW Nosler RDF Bullet Line - 10/22/16
Just placed the news in the reloading section. Should I have posted it elsewhere?
You're fine, just a bunch of pussy hurt folks with nothing better to complain about.
Originally Posted by boomwack
Nope, left the match bullets home when hunting big game.

Have had spectacular results on marmots, ground squirrels, crows and 'yotes with match grade hollow points cool

From what I have seen with match bullets fired into game first hand not from my rifles, but from different buds rifles is erratic expansion, such as instant blow-up very shallow wounds or delayed expansion in needling threw till the last few inches for a very dramatic exit... which could have just bullet tumble and not even expansion.

The deer, elk and one bear were all made dead with match type bullets is proof they work.... to an extent.

Yes, in big game or anything accurate shot placement is paramount...Consistent bullet terminal behavior is next when the quarry is not made of paper or metal.

You're right bob, keeps the threads going.

I've had nothing less than great results from Berger HVLDs in .25, 6.5, and .30 cal. Animals I shoot with them just seem to make fewer tracks than anything else I've used. 175gr MKs have not given me the same results. Not all match bullets are created equal.

John
© 24hourcampfire