Home
Here's a picture of my new omega prism that might help a little bit for reading scales for older people like me... 60 years old plus cataracts...lol! $31 tyd...btw... that's the Omega powder trickler in back on the right another great tool.

[Linked Image]
Geez... I just found out they discontinued this item.
ordered mine last week and got it a day or two back and now there's a notation saying discontinued on the website.
I tried to delete this post but I was too late.
Digital scale wouldn't be easier ?
The digital scale you see behind the balance beam actually measures to .01 grains.... but it needs a warm up or it's fussy.... and trickling is a little tricky when you're getting down to one kernel to measure. Small, fast spur-of-the-moment batches the balance beam... it's still a winner.
What I found on the 1010 scale in comparison to the digital is the 1010 is easily sensitive to plus or minus two kernals of powder.....on a 308 case with Varget....all things being equal that's about +/- 2fps...!
2 feet per second. That's petty close. Hasbeen
The Ohaus/RCBS 1010 is an excellent scale! I built a little shelf for mine at eye level behind the Chargemaster. It's just the right distance to be in focus, mostly.
Smartphone

[Linked Image]
Well.... no wonder the prism is dead but what in the heck is the finish on that scale body?
Krylone Stone

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire