Home
Posted By: magshooter1 Nosler brass? - 12/05/16
I've read for decades that Norma manufactures Weatherby headstamp brass. Recently reading that they are the manufacturer of Nosler headstamp brass also. If this is true that should mean that Nosler .270 Weatherby brass is the same as Weatherby .270 Weatherby brass?

Reason for asking is I have a small quantity of virgin Nosler .270 Weatherby brass. If this is the case I will use it. If not, I will trade or sell it.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Nosler brass? - 12/05/16
I would ask Mule Deer. If I recall, he said it was chambering dependent. I know .257 Roy is same as Norma and same as Nosler.
Posted By: JohnChilds Re: Nosler brass? - 12/06/16
Nosler is making more and more of their own brass. They've added a big manufacturing plant in Redmond Oregon to their existing plant in Bend, so they have the capability to make their own.
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Nosler brass? - 12/06/16
No sense taking a chance then. I'll just sell or swap it.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Nosler brass? - 12/07/16
What chance? Use it.
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Nosler brass? - 12/07/16
If it's NOT the same manufacturer the loads with it (most likely) won't go to same POI or if it does the group size will change. I've seen that happen on many occasions.
Posted By: JohnChilds Re: Nosler brass? - 12/07/16
I should have added I think all the Weatherby brass is Norma. I think Nosler is just making standard cartridge brass.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Nosler brass? - 12/07/16
Last I heard, it was Norma that makes it, and then Nosler just does the final stages, such as flash holes, deburring, sorting, boxing, etc.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Nosler brass? - 12/08/16
Nosler has never released the maker of the brass. It is fully prepped though and can really not be improved on.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Nosler brass? - 12/08/16
Originally Posted by magshooter1
If it's NOT the same manufacturer the loads with it (most likely) won't go to same POI or if it does the group size will change. I've seen that happen on many occasions.

You should try bit, who knows might shoot better than Wby or Norma brass
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Nosler brass? - 12/08/16
The price of Nosler brass precludes me from really wanting to try it. If it did shoot better I'd want more and I don't want to pony up for what they cost. I've got >200 Weatherby headstamp and about 30 Nosler headstamp. My load with the Weatherby is acceptable at just under 1" if I do my part. I know it could be better and I plan on working up a new load after deer season.
Posted By: hanco Re: Nosler brass? - 12/15/16
Nosler brass is good. As good as Norma in my opinion.
© 24hourcampfire