Home
Small sample but I killed my first deer (125 lbs doe) with a Nosler 120gr Ballistic Tip out of my Custom Brux barreled Ruger 77 MK/II 260 Remington.

Quartering slightly away it hit left side mid-rib and exited just behind the offside right shoulder.

Fantastic short and very heavy blood trail.👍
Sounds great on a fairly easy shot.

I have had them not exit anytime I included bone in the equation. I don't use them anymore because of it.
Works great in my wife's 6.5x55 on our small blacktail deer, I have been impressed with them. They seem to put deer down quickly. I use all sorts of different bullets in my 260 Rem because experimenting is fun but would have no issues using it exclusively like my wife does for deer.
I think Nosler us the best out there.
I was thinking of trying them in my 264. Sounds like it might not be a good idea.

I did try them years ago, right after the BTips replaced the Solid Base line. The 120gr Solid Base was a great deer bullet in the 264. The early Btips were not so good. I was hoping maybe they had toughened them up...guess not. Think I'll just stick with the 125gr Partition.
The current issue 120 BT is a very good deer bullet. So is the 125 Partition, so no reason to change unless you feel like it.

Edit: I had 260 on the brain. For a 264 mag I'd stay with the 125 Partition.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Nosler .264 120 ballistic tip - 12/10/16
My 6.5X55 spits them out at 3000fps. They are the most accurate hunting bullet that I have tried in it. They have come apart have inside three deer including a small doe and leave me with no exit hole/blood trail. Moved on to the 125 Partition, Hornady, and 120TTSX. Where I hunt I want deer to be leaking if they run. wink
I use the 140's in my 264's and my 26 Nosler
Posted By: 1234 Re: Nosler .264 120 ballistic tip - 12/11/16
sample of one. shot a small buck at about 50ft.with 260 rem.dropped at the shot,in and out wound hit in the front part of shest angling back.

Ed
We have shot some big whitetails in Nebraska and some big Oklahoma hogs with that bullet out of 260 Rem and 6.5x55 all one shot kills
© 24hourcampfire