Home
Any experience out there? Thanks John
I've used that bullet in a 7x61 Sharpe & Hart; very accurate but I had to work up my own data. Several years ago, Speer had some limited Deep Curl data on their website and it probably included the 7-08. Have you looked there yet?

Also, check your bullet diameter with a micrometer. I've used the Deep Curl in three calibers. As I recall, two were larger in diameter than other jacketed bullets. Probably why they shoot so well and perhaps the reason Speer advised against using conventional data.
Thanks! The deep curl data showed H4350 powder I carry that powder. Seems H 4895 is promoted for lighter weight bullets. As the bullets get heavier H 4350 takes over.
Haven't used it in a 7-08 but it's been my "go to" bullet in accuracy testing several 7 Mags I've bought pver the last few years. I haven't had the chance to use it on game but I think it should work pretty well.

My local gunshop has had them and after I saw how well they shot, I've bought a stash of 600-700.
Speer still has data on their website, but I don't think for 4895. I used that bullet in my 7x57 but with H4831, worked fine. If you have 4350 I suspect you'll be happier with it than 4895.
Thanks. Found 2 more pounds 4895
How about rl26 supposed to be great with heavier bullets
Anyone taken game, particularly elk, using Deep Curls? I worked up some loads several years ago for a .270 (150 gr.) and a 7x61 (160 gr.), but always used something else for elk hunting.

In a 6mm Remington, I found the 90 grain Deep Curl quite accurate but haven't deer hunted since developing loads.

I guess these bullets are now a thing of the past.
I meant H 4350. I found H 4350 so I am good.
I use IMR 4350 with 140's, works great.
7mm 160 is good for deer & antelope, I can't comment on elk.
© 24hourcampfire