Home
I bought a box of Berger 175gr VLD Hunting Bullets. I do not load many Berger's and unfortunately I do not have a Berger manual.I have found a little info for the 180 VLD Hunting, but none on the 175's! I find very little data online. I figured, there were enough savvy Berger shooters around the campfire!
Posted By: tomt53 Re: ????30/06 Load Request???? - 02/28/17
Let me know which powder you want to use.

Email Berger, they will send you a file.
If it will work for the 180's, it will work for the 175's.

5gr is not that much difference.
I won't make a declaration yet, but I am having some very encouraging results shooting 180s with Re16. Others are finding that IMR4451 works about as well as H4350, and some folks swear by Ramshot Hunter. If I had any of the four I'd go to work and expect excellent results.
Ramshot Hunter did pretty good for me.

[Linked Image]

No complaints.

P
River,

I bought a onepounder of RL-16 and I really would like to use for this 30/06 I am loading for! Like most, I have used the 4350's. I have tried Varget as well, the accuracy with 180NBT's was not there for me no matter the charge weight!

What is you recipe with RL-16?
Bk, I'm shooting 180-grain Partitiions and I think I found the sweet spot at 55.5 grains. I had been looking for it at higher charge weights but it just didn't seem to be there. I need to shoot this load again to confirm but it sure looked good.
© 24hourcampfire