Home
Posted By: Soonerhawk Accurate 2200 is back - 05/12/10
Just read this on another forum:

For those of you who used Accurate 2200, they are bringing it back as a regular canister powder.

As many of you know 2200 was a surplus powder back about 10 years ago. We sold the last of it in 2003. Over the years we have had many, many requests from shooters for this powder and have worked on getting Accurate to make this a canister powder. Seven years later and here we are. Accurate has gone to the extreme effort to recreate this powder to it's exact original specifications. They recently completed the extensive testing and it will be in our hot little hands next week.
We are offering a special introductory price for a limited time.

Bryan - Powder Valley
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Accurate 2200 is back - 05/12/10
Bryan.

Welcome to the campfire. That is good news. BTW, I'm a big fan of Powder Valley. Thanks for your reasonable prices!

RH
Posted By: Higginez Re: Accurate 2200 is back - 05/13/10
Now, where do you get data?
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Accurate 2200 is back - 05/13/10
Welcome aboard, soonerhawk.

That's good news for LOTS of people who doted on that powder. It was, if memory serves, a bit faster than 2230 and a bit slower than 1680 (both also from Accurate). It was very popular in the Fireball and .222 with regular bullet weights and .223 with lighter bullets. I think some benchrest guys used in the PPC rounds, also.
Posted By: Mulerider Re: Accurate 2200 is back - 05/15/10
Originally Posted by Higbean
Now, where do you get data?

Try here http://www.accuratepowder.com/datapowder_DP2200.htm
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Accurate 2200 is back - 05/16/10
I'd thought evil thoughts about AA 2200, the price was right. Hmmm.
Posted By: FredWillis Re: Accurate 2200 is back - 05/17/10
That is excellent news. My shooting partner and I use it for 40 gr. bullets in a 223. Getting 3800 fps and extremely accurate. We found two 8 lb canisters for $10 a lb recently.
© 24hourcampfire