Home
Posted By: Dan360 New Hornady Z-Max - 01/11/12
Noticed the new Z-Max (Zombie-Max) bullet on the Hornady website. I'm wondering if these are just V-Max bullets with green tips? I thought it was kind of funny myself.
Posted By: devnull Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/11/12
Same as the VMAX.
Posted By: Paul Walukewicz Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/12/12
marketing... gotta love it!!!
Posted By: HawkI Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/12/12
Originally Posted by Dan360
Noticed the new Z-Max (Zombie-Max) bullet on the Hornady website. I'm wondering if these are just V-Max bullets with green tips? I thought it was kind of funny myself.

No, they're not..... whistle
Posted By: Seafire Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/12/12
funny thing is, try to order some... they are way backlogged on all the orders...

they are even offering them for reloading in a 30/30...and a 7.62 x 39....

PT Barnum was right..
Posted By: coythtr Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/13/12

No, they're not..... whistle [/quote]

Ok educate us then ,what are they?
Posted By: tacgnut Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/14/12
Yeah, they are totally different! They have "AMP jacket technology", I'm thinking some form of explosive kryptonite from the planet Avatar that can only be mined during leap years from the unobtainium fields located under the tree of life.
Or it could just be a thin copper jacket.

Be prepared for Zombiegeddon...
when VARMINTS ATTACK!
Just in Case� Get Loaded with Z-MAX� Bullets and PREPARE to "Mist"ify Zombie Varmints!

Explosive Hornady� performance comes in every Z-Max� bullet specifically designed to vaporize zombie varmints.
Ultra-flat trajectories send mangy menaces to the varmint graveyard.
Combined with AMP� jacket technology, the Z-Max� bullet is built to...MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!
Posted By: KDK Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/23/12
Damn, way too many TMs in that post.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/24/12
Its a marketing deal but I think it is somewhat comical and may buy a couple of boxes just to have. May collect a box or two.
Posted By: ingwe Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/24/12
Originally Posted by KDK

OK, stoopid here...whats a 'TM'...?
Posted By: KDK Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/24/12
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by KDK

OK, stoopid here...whats a 'TM'...?

Trademark, Poohbah. Kind of back-handedly noting with some derision that it read like ad copy.
Posted By: tacgnut Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/25/12
Its either "tiny meathammer" or "trade mark"
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/25/12
While I am tickled that Hornady managed to get outside the typical stiff-necked corporate culture to offer such a tongue-in-cheek item, I'm also utterly sick of this recent zombie fad. Thank goodness that it finally seems to be at an end.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/25/12
RR, I guarantee it ain't dead yet... pun intended!
laugh
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/26/12
All I can say is, they've got EVERYONE talking about 'em, and that funny-colored ammo, and that's a good thing. I kinda like the whimsy and humor of it all.

Attached picture zombies.jpg
Posted By: deflave Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/26/12
Originally Posted by Dan360

Per Hornady they are V-Max bullets with the exception of the 168gr .308 cal. It's an A-Max.

Travis
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/27/12
I think they're making a mistake going with a thin jacket. Everyone knows you need full pass throughs on zombies. Maybe Barnes should get in on the act.
Posted By: bgold Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/28/12
I might could order a box or two then. Kids would be tickled...
Posted By: OSB Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/29/12
Who cares what they call them if they shoot. V-max have gotten too expensive.
Posted By: deflave Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/31/12
I ordered the .17 cal 20gr. Z-Maxes.

Almost a $30.00 difference! If you like V-Maxes, this is your chance to get them a little cheaper.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/31/12
You must have little Zombies up there.... grin
They're awful. They even chew on each other after you brain 'em.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 01/31/12
I love that. When you ding one, you cant use him as 'bait' for the others...gradually build up a little pile...

Also seen some necrophiliac barren ground Zombies too....

they got added to the pile.. grin
I love goph blasting. grin

Travis
Posted By: boomtube Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/01/12
For Hornady's marketing, I've been wondering how much longer it will be until they become "Hornady LnL, Inc".
Posted By: deflave Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/03/12
Oh yes!

Graf's got them in. Zombies beware my friends...

Travis
Posted By: boomtube Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/10/12
Given Hornady's love for putting "LnL" on about everything they sell I figger it's only a matter of time before they slap it on some bullets too.
Posted By: snowwalker Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/12/12

Per Hornady they are V-Max bullets with the exception of the 168gr .308 cal. It's an A-Max.

Travis

Yep I was told they were amaxes by another gent in the industry. He didnt mention about specific calibers though. If hornady is doing it for marketing hype i am certainly not knocking them. I like those green tips even if they call them alice in wonderland tips. I was hoping they were all amaxes and i could get some .244 105's, no such luck i suppose. However i do have a new 20" 5R i could run those 168's in smile
Posted By: Seafire Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/20/12
After they run their cycle, you think Hornady might introduce a P/Max next? to use on politicians...

or a D/Max to use on Democrats?

whistle

just thinking out loud here... grin
Posted By: 243WSSM Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/24/12
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
While I am tickled that Hornady managed to get outside the typical stiff-necked corporate culture to offer such a tongue-in-cheek item, I'm also utterly sick of this recent zombie fad. Thank goodness that it finally seems to be at an end.

I hear that, I was sick of references to zombies from the start. I used to take those using the rhetorical aspect of "shooting zombies when the SHTF" to task, I wanted to know what the exact makeup of a zombie was.

The truth of the matter is that 95% of those talking about shooting zombies are as clueless as to what a zombie looks like or is as they are about politics in general, that is to say they are 100% ignorant fools. Those who actually can put a definition to a zombie have it in their mind that those liberal right wingers who put the president in office that got this country in such a mess are zombies. It's not often defined but that is at the unspoken heart of what a zombie is in many people's (minds?).

It offends me that Hornady is ignorantly feeding into what is an undercurrent of political and civil unrest. You can't get your hands on these for varmint hunting because the typical buyer is hoarding thousands for that imminent day when they have to protect themselves against/kill hundreds of mindless zombies.

I wrote to Hornady letting them know what the unspoken undercurrent is and suggested that when some right winger fool goes on a rampage that they had a liability for feeding the mentality by stroking and fueling the fires of an imaginative spectre.

Buy your Zhombie-max while you can, because bullet manufacturers hate implied liabilities, they know if they can foresee it it will happen.
Posted By: 243WSSM Re: New Hornady Z-Max - 02/24/12
Originally Posted by Seafire
After they run their cycle, you think Hornady might introduce a P/Max next? to use on politicians...

or a D/Max to use on Democrats?

whistle

just thinking out loud here... grin

That's funny, and goes into my post on the political nature of the zombie thing. You left out R-max's, although P-max's would work just fine.
© 24hourcampfire