Home
Posted By: Weatherby10 17 hornet - 04/25/12
anyone else kinda want one? i wanna try one for fox and prairie dogs! I talked to savage today and they don't know when they will have the first batch ready to ship
Posted By: ingwe Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
Yep...and Im waiting on Ruger to bring one out.If I'm gonna pop on the idea, it'll be a Ruger...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
same here....
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
I want one....already bought brass and dies! I spoke with the Ruger guys at the NRA convention and asked if any would be shipping before the end of May. I told them I'd like to take one with me on my annual Montana prairie dog jaunt. They told me to plan on taking something else.

I am first on the waiting list at a big shop though....keeping my fingers crossed,
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
I'd rather have a 17 fireball, better brass and more zing without burning much more powder.

Posted By: deflave Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
Yeah? Well I'd rather have a .17 Remington. Even more better brass and more zing with not much powder. grin

I do want a .17 Hornet though.

Travis
Posted By: wageslave Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
Oh yeah? Polly? You suck!

P.S. I'm buying the first .17 Hornet I can find.
Even if it is a Salvage.
I'm holdin' out for the Ruger.

I'm too classy to do otherwise.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm too classy to do otherwise.

Travis

That's what she said...
Until the third vodka cranberry...

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Until the third vodka cranberry...

Travis

You do make her buy? Right?
Posted By: PepeLp Re: 17 hornet - 04/25/12
I want a short, light, and handy rifle by Ruger or CZ.
Posted By: Goatsnguns Re: 17 hornet - 04/26/12
I talked with Patty at Savage Arms Marketing today and she said the Mod 25 in 17 Hornet is not performing up to their accurasy standards and there is no date for shipping them. I also have dies brass & ammo ready to go. Might have to order a Encore barrel.
Posted By: m_s_s Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
got a 17 rem. going to get a 17 fireball and a 17 hornet. Then I got it covered lol. Ed
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
I'm gonna hold out for a CZ. I've got three of the little CZs, and they shoot without having to do anything except mount a scope and clean the bore.
Posted By: bracer Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
I wont to try out a 17 Hornet on prairie dogs but it sounds like it be a while befor one is made by a brand I like. I can get by with my 17 HM2, 17 HMR, 17 Fireball, and 17 Rem rifles untill then.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I'm gonna hold out for a CZ. I've got three of the little CZs, and they shoot without having to do anything except mount a scope and clean the bore.

The CZ is also an option for me. I tried that route too. Had Whittakers make some calls yesterday to check on the Hornet and 221 Fireball. The fireball is back ordered about 8 weeks and the Hornet is due for release this fall.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
Have a Ruger Green Hornet (green lam)

Would LOVE to have a 17 Hornet to go with it.

Will wait "impatiently" untill it is availble. (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

The CZ is also an option for me. I tried that route too. Had Whittakers make some calls yesterday to check on the Hornet and 221 Fireball. The fireball is back ordered about 8 weeks and the Hornet is due for release this fall.

I've had a .221 Fireball for several years now, bought it, and a .204, at Whittaker's grin I did have to make two trips down there, before the Fireballs were in stock, though. It seems they sell REAL fast. If they all shoot as well as mine does, it's understandable.
I've got a Hornet in the CZ, I got it locally, used, but it's a good one, too, but a little fussier.

My main objection to the Fireball is the crappy brass Remington makes, I've had some neck splits after only three loads on the junk cases. I'm waiting for Norma to start making their cases available to the general public (they're making the Fireball cases for Nosler's ammo).Otherwise,the little stinkers shoot like no tomorrow, if the necks stay intact.
Posted By: Scott F Re: 17 hornet - 04/28/12
I bought a CZ 527 ten years ago planning to take off the barrel and make a 17 AH. Darned thing shot sub 1/4 inch groups out of the box. It is hard to take off a barrel of a gun like that. frown

I still don't have a 17 but that does not mean I don't want one. Have shot sever belonging to others and fell in love. Best sage rat gun ever.
Posted By: Dasher Re: 17 hornet - 04/29/12
Here's a new 17AH we just finished this past week. Built on a new CZ 527 and Lilja barrel. Just got in our new 17HH reamer and ready to roll on them. Great little rifles and perform very well for such a small package. smile

[Linked Image]
By dasher20 at 2012-04-17
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]