Home
Hello--

Anybody here used Reloader 7 and the Hornady 60 gr FP in a 25-20? I can't find any published load data using these components.

Thanks,

Rod
Checking my sources, I don't find any load data..

however considering the load data that is given in the burn rates they hold... I doubt if you could get enough Rl 7 in that case to even worry about overpressurizing it....

just work up...

Thanks. I'll start at 8 grains and work up.

Rod
Speer's data for their 75 gr. FP starts at 13.5 grs. for AA's 2015BR. I'd start there. Re7 is a bit slower burning than 2015BR.
My best load for the Hornady 60 FP is 13 grs. of WW680. E
Originally Posted by Seafire
Checking my sources, I don't find any load data.. however considering the load data that is given in the burn rates they hold... I doubt if you could get enough Rl 7 in that case to even worry about overpressurizing it....
just work up...

2nd Edition Modern Reloading by Lee shows 11.5gr Re7 with 86gr jacketed to yield 1460fps at only 15000 CUP, same load republished in an older NRA book called "handloading" hows the same load/bullet/pressure, and bullet was listed as the Rem 86gr & the data source was Hercules.

i had better luck with 1680, Lil Gun, & H4227, especially the last 2. a long but good read...

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/reloading/26002-25-20-reloaders.html
i use reloader7 in 218 bee and i think i remember working a load for a 25-20 mod 92. not sure tho it has been a few years. the project got stalled because i need to reline the 25-20 and havnt got to it yet.
© 24hourcampfire