Home
Posted By: Deans Alliant AR COMP powder - 01/06/13
Bought a 1 lb canister today. Have any of you used this for 223?

Deans
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Alliant AR COMP powder - 01/06/13
I've gotten very good results with it and the 70-grain Berger VLD in a 1-8 twist .223--and heavier bullets are pretty much what AR-Comp was designed for. It would probably work well with lighter bullest too.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Alliant AR COMP powder - 01/06/13
I've run thru 5 lbs of it. It has shot well in the 223, 22.250, 243 and 260, with ALL bullet weights from the lightest to the heaviest, in each caliber..

it is a temp insensitive version of RL 15, but is suppose to be slightly faster...

so I have used RL 12 data, ( not max of course) to start with and then just worked up from there...

not as accurate as other powders for reduced load work.. but it can certainly be used for that.. its accuracy being more than minute of deer vitals at 200 yds...

its one of the powders on my shelf I will make sure I have a supply of 3 lbs or so.. haven't seen it in the 5lb or 8lb containers yet tho...otherwise I would just purchase one of those... its a keeper..
Posted By: ACLakey Re: Alliant AR COMP powder - 01/06/13
Works well in my .223AI pushing 75gr A-max bullets. Comparing it to my go-to load of Varget in that rifle it gave slightly better velocity(like RL15 does) but slightly less accuracy(like RL15 does) It is a keeper in my book.
Posted By: AaroninMT Re: Alliant AR COMP powder - 01/07/13
Very good luck using with 53 gr VMax bullets, about 1/2 inch, 5shots. 3150 with 18 inch barrel. Only thing I have found that shoots with this particular rifle.
© 24hourcampfire